Article about: thanks for the reposting the interesting image jeff

Default Re: Orig Camo paint job

thanks for the reposting the interesting image jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orig Camo paint job
    P
    Many

Just asking, but how was this Normandy camo done?

The second helmet shown;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...-camos-201754/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Orig Camo paint job  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I just want to say one thing - whether the painting was done in a maintenance depot or rear echelon area and done with industrial spray gear or not,
    I really think they didn't worry how neat it was - just that it was done. I would imagine quite a few helmets were atrocious until they adjusted the fan pattern & air mixture.

Spatters, runs, whatever ..... this was camouflage for crying out loud - a necessity, not a piece of artistry.

There are ( and always will be ) some weird cammo jobs out there ...... as there must have been in the war!

Dan

Found this one today, it is original and with a similar camo pattern.

Orig Camo paint job

I can imagine Helmut turning to Otto and saying, "Gott in himmel, zis schpray gun ist kaput" ..... and Otto responding, "yust schlap der paint on - zey vill never care less"
    ........I rest my case.
    Dan

Quote by Datrus View Post
    @ Metallwarenfabrik
    The paint gun you are showing is NOT the type William is referring to.
    , Lars
    Yes you are correct, Wagruff was specifically mentioning that they would only have had large spray guns during the Third Reich, and, according to Wagruff, small spray guns, that...narrowly spray..would not have been at their disposal. Hence my uploading a picture showing the opposite. (which is probably fake anyway, in fact it may be me last week)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Exactly, Lars. The spray paint equipment they would have had available back then would have been the large vehicle painting type of sprayers. The work on this helmet looks to be Much to fine and narrowly sprayed to have come from anything they would have had at their disposal.
    Its common though, "they would never have.." suddenly changes its colors as soon as a period photo showing the opposite turns up. A twist of history here, a tweek of an older comment there, and we`re back on the correct track of discussion
    Some of you fellows on this thread must be over 100, because by the sounds of it you were all there and painting helmets, and all know exactly what was done, what was not done..and what could not, be done! I dont know if the paint job is original, or even if the helmet is original, but seeing as i was not alive back then, and most of you obviously were - i will bow to your greater knowledge. Just got asked to post the photo - and obliged - thats all.

?

There is a You tube old film on the making of German Helmets, the process , painting and decal applications, the method for applying a one fixed colour was an industrial spray gun, this may give some indication as to the type used at factory level and also the extent of spray pattern

Not really worth the rise in blood pressure though is it......

Exactly,Krad...one certainly gets weary of insults over things of irrelevance. It's like they can't resist getting one last bite...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Exactly,Krad...one certainly gets weary of insults over things of irrelevance. It's like they can't resist getting one last bite...
    BUT, it is GOOD to vent one's spleen and enjoy one's fleeting minute or two of 'fame' as the most recent post ...... until someone else has something else to say - then one's comments seems to become irrelevant once more !!!!!!!!!!!!!

( as these of mine will soon be ......lol )
    Cheers, Dan

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast