Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Original Camo?

Article about: Hi everyone, This helmet has been discussed on this forum before however i had requests from some members to re-post it with some more pics. So here you go: There is no funny fresh paint sme

Default Re: Original Camo?

I just saw these as a comparison which were deemed original? I can certainly see similarities and in the way they say the paint is sandy to the touch
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...lection-10265/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Camo?
    P
    Many

Quote by Datrus View Post
    I simply went against the opinion in that thread because from the get go, nobody questioned it, simply because of the user posting it. He have a LOT of good items If anybody else would have posted that wired camo lid, i doubt it would have been the same scenario.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...h-wire-277915/

I posted in that thread as well and, for the record, I did NOT say it was good simply because one particular collector posted it or due to the fact that "he has a lot of good items". That's kind of undermining the opinions of a lot of members on here without any good reason... don't you think?

Slados28, i value the opinions of anyone who can take the time to provide me with information regarding the authenticity of a helmet. I know that people on here have a greater knowledge of them that myself

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Slados28, i value the opinions of anyone who can take the time to provide me with information regarding the authenticity of a helmet. I know that people on here have a greater knowledge of them that myself
    Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to pretend that I have any kind of extensive knowledge here, I just couldn't let what I felt was a false broad statement pass... on with the helmet at hand, I still feel the same way.

Just going by the composition of materials used/patterns I'm sure it would conform to other original pieces, just like Datrus said, but what people seem to be most worried about is the feigned and contrived wear marks added after the actual camo was applied... I feel that these trump the period correct composition/technique argument, my opinion and I reserve the right to have it

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Don't get me wrong... I'm not trying to pretend that I have any kind of extensive knowledge here, I just couldn't let what I felt was a false broad statement pass... on with the helmet at hand, I still feel the same way.

Just going by the composition of materials used/patterns I'm sure it would conform to other original pieces, just like Datrus said, but what people seem to be most worried about is the feigned and contrived wear marks added after the actual camo was applied... I feel that these trump the period correct composition/technique argument, my opinion and I reserve the right to have it
    Slados28 ive never said otherwise that you cant have an opinion? I just said i appreciate any opinions that are expressed on this helmet

Nonono... you're misreading me, I never said nor did I mean to imply that. You didn't notice the smiley at the end there?

A fair enough, thank you for all of your input, i just dont know what to think of this helmet nor its camo

Much better pics this time round but I would also pass if I saw it. The patina is very flat and 2 dimensional, which could come from over cleaning but I think it's because all of the grime and wear/scratch marks etc was applied at around the same time. In a genuine pot the wear would be slowly built up and arrayed over different levels (levels is perhaps not the right word as we are speaking of a region that is about a micron deep in total. Perhaps strata is a better word for what I am trying to convey).

That said maybe in hand it would tell a different story, but I am in the 'bad' camp on this one I'm afraid.

?

Yes camo lids are almost always a source for a good discussion I am actually not in any camp on this lid, as it's very hard to know if it's good or bad. Maybe a good carbon 14 test will solve the riddle LOL

Cheers

?

Quote by slados28 View Post
    I posted in that thread as well and, for the record, I did NOT say it was good simply because one particular collector posted it or due to the fact that "he has a lot of good items". That's kind of undermining the opinions of a lot of members on here without any good reason... don't you think?
    I never said you did that friend

I also do not say that my fellow members just say "OK" for an item just because of the poster/author. At times it seems that some are afraid to speak their opinion if the author is a respected member.

I was just surprised there were no half skeptic comments. After all, we are talking about a wired camo helmet I am also sure there must have been a few good camo helmets turned down. After all, what do we know about how a soldier at the front chose to paint his lid some 70 yrs later?

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast