Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Original DD Police Helmet.........? ? ?

Article about: Found this one in the Classifieds......... http://www.warrelics.eu/classifieds/...e-helmet/cat/7

Default Re: Original DD Police Helmet.........? ? ?

After looking at this thing for a while, I am 100% sure it is original. Everything is exactly the way it should be. Both decals are correct for an EF DD M42 Police helmet. It is as text book as they come. Please somebody give a good reason why they think this is fake!

Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original DD Police Helmet.........? ? ?
    P
    Many

I agree. I am here to learn. This is a site for discussion. If you think something fake, by all means say so, but please add why. This is a way I learn so much from this amazing site. Thanks

Yeah I've got to agree with Corey, it looks good for an EF police.

A decal of the same type from GHW.

Q: why do the police decals seem to have so crudely done artworks as compared to a Lufty or a Heer??? Always wondered that....
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Q: why do the police decals seem to have so crudely done artworks as compared to a Lufty or a Heer??? Always wondered that....
    Dan
    They do and they don't. Look at an early police decal, and then look at a later one like this one. You can see the progression from well made to lack of details. A lot changed in the police decals as the war went on. They did get somewhat cruder and the details somewhat softer by the late stages of the war. They are my favorite decal

?

The decals look like correct EF style decals, but then should only be applied on an EF M42. The seller neglects to list the maker, size and lot number and needs to. Flash glare is terrible but I do think it's original -- so long as its an EF M42-- as they could be post war applied on a no decal helmet. Even if an EF maker, I am suspicious of this.

The damage on both decals does suggest post war application and the sellers description of the decals as "late war" is incorrect. I also find the description of why there are two party decals revealing. It is like the seller was there when the party decal was applied.

>>As you can see, the swastika decal on the right side is unusual. A decal was placed on the helmet and it appears as if it ripped in half. so instead of scratching it off a new one was placed on top. Since it shifted slightly while drying it reveals the previous decal below<<

I have put in a post asking the seller to list the details. Failure will result in the helmet being delisted.

Doug brings up a good point, so let's get scientific. Check out this photo I uploaded. I circled different areas to show differences in shade and texture. Notice how the original textured paint is different in the areas under the decal, compared to the textured paint outside of the decal. Makes sense. However, also notice how in the top left of the Police decal the textured paint that is suppose to be beneath the decal is the exact same shade and texture as the outside paint. This is very odd. The only explanation I can come up with is that the decal was either applied this way, that is to say, not completely applied, or it has been that way for a very long time. The same application problem happened to the first party shield decal, except that it was covered with a second party decal on top. Read through this paragraph a few times so you will understand what I am trying to say.

All three decals are original for sure. The party shield(s) both have the pronounced white border defect on the top edge, which is very typical of these EF decals. As to when the decals were applied, I think they were wartime applied on a helmet that was either never issued or rarely worn. This is my opinion so far, based on what I explained above and the condition of the interior of the helmet. Although I would like to see better photos of the liner and interior.

Here is a photo of another party shield with the pronounced white border defect/thing on the top edge. (from another EF42 Police double decal).

Regards,
    Corey
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 10-23-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Picture isn't the best, but looks like an original EF police decal to me, as typically found on M42/40.

I just wanted to clarify this statement from my first post. I do not mean this exact decal is found on M42's and M40's. What I meant to say was that borderd police decals in general are typically found on M42 and m40.

Regards,
    Corey

?

The different colors could be from the terrible flash glare as well.

xaf
    ?

Gentleman I was notified that there is a thread under way about my helmet but I'm selling in the classified section I'm currently on the road and unable to respond appropriately when I get home later tonight I will take more pictures and post them I've had this helmet looked at by very advanced collectors and I've been assured that it's an original helmet And decals I've been collecting since 1978 don't have any reproduction items In my collection onto I'm selling his helmet because I found something else that I want more than this, I have two others and this one is extra to my needs. if you have any questions at all please let me know if it said my classified and I'll be happy to answer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast