Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?

Article about: Hi I found this Helmet in the cellar Im know that it is a Luftschutzhelmet type Gladiator but I havent one with this chinstrap It is also black painted Volkssturm or poor RLB or Postwar comp

Default Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?

Hi
    I found this Helmet in the cellar
    Im know that it is a Luftschutzhelmet type Gladiator but I havent one with this chinstrap
    It is also black painted
    Volkssturm or poor RLB
    or Postwar completition?
    I need your opinions
    Regards
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?   Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?  

Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?   Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?  

Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Gadiatorhelmet with plastic chinstrap from 1945?
    P
    Many

Late war version, the chin strap is original and wartime.

I had one just like it with an ersatz cloth liner coated with something to replicate leather, the OP's liner looks the same.

The white "ersatz" leather liner is often encountered in these. The celluloid strap not as often. I have seen a couple examples where the strap was "stapled" to the liner, not sure if that was a period design or post war repair. Out of desperation, they may have stapled them
    D.