Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original helmet?

Article about: Hello this helmet is original? what is the fair price?

I can speak from experience on this matter. If the pictures aren't up to scratch, you can never be one hundred percent sure. And when it comes to steel helmets you want your surety to be closer to one hundred and ten percent. You could take a gamble on it, but it would be a much better idea to go looking for a better helmet elsewhere. Preferably from a reputable source, and one who won't try to scalp you in the process!

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original helmet?
    P
    Many

?

I agree with you, Brodie, the price is too much of a gamble and helmets are faked a really lot.
    Is the seller excepting offers?

Quote by Ethan View Post
    Is the seller excepting offers?
    If he's not, he's going to be keeping it for quite some time!

B.B.

?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    If he's not, he's going to be keeping it for quite some time!

B.B.
    Haha, yep.

I'd say about half of the current markup would be a fair price, and even then it's a little more than I'd want to pay for it. I'd offer him something within the ballpark of £500-600, that being an estimate I've based on current dealer prices. Luft helmets always sell for a little less than their Heer equivalents. This gentleman must think he has the holy grail of helmets. It must have once belonged to Hermann Goering himself!

B.B.

The price appears to be the Buy it now price, with a Make an offer option similar to ebay.
    There are lots of dealers in Europe so be patient and hunt around for what you want if you are not sure on this one.
    Nick

No point in my rehashing the observations made here - all quite correct for the most part. I do want to know what is up with that strange stamp on the shell. NH

So back of the helmet, should be the lot number on an M40 - so very weird...

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    So back of the helmet, should be the lot number on an M40 - so very weird...
    EF made helmets are known for anomalies...oddball markings
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2