Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

original m35?

Article about: Hello everyone. as some of you know i still don't have a German helmet (unfortunately i have a repro ) i was wondering if this was an original helmet? i think the paint job is amazing and th

Default original m35?

Hello everyone.
    as some of you know i still don't have a German helmet (unfortunately i have a repro ) i was wondering if this was an original helmet? i think the paint job is amazing and this is my dream helmet! if its authentic, what is it worth and whats its value? is there anything you guys can tell me about it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original m35?   original m35?  

original m35?   original m35?  

Attached Images Attached Images original m35?  original m35? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original m35?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: original m35?

Cant say with the photos if this is original camo paint or not, the liner doesn't look original, and if an M40 EF which it appears to be I am not sure I like a reinforced aluminum liner in this. I dont know but it gives me the messed with feeling. What is your budget for a German helmet may I ask?

Thanks for the help! This looked like my dream helmet but it turned into a nightmare. Im only 16 so my budget is not too great, I wish it was more but ill continue to save my money till the next oppertunety arrives. I have 150$ that I've been saving, if I really had to, in the situation were I absolutely had to have the helmet and loved it enough, like this one, I could ask my parents if I could barrow a bit of money and pay it off later. So not too much, this helmet is on ebay ending in 3 days, im grateful there are many experts on this site to help me out! Thank you very much for the quick response

Out of curiosity, are all the parts atleast original? I know you said the liner doesn't look original, but is there any chance its original (other than the camo) just not an untouched helmet? Im a bit optimistic ...

Don't buy helmets based on crappy pictures , really , avoid them all and concentrate on the ones with good pictures.
    Save your money and buy a decent 100% sure helmet from a dealer who has a good rep amongst helmet collectors.

?

To be honest Genl Patton the helmet is not something I would entertain having in a collection, original pieces or not. There are far far better out there. Patience is critical and your young so you have lots of time ;-) Stop wasting your time with ebay. You will be looking at 95% crap, and do not have the experience to find a diamond in the rough as highly experienced collectors also troll ebay and they know what they are looking for whereas with all due respect you do not, yet. Ebay = collosal waste of time for beginner collectors, and I never, ever look there myself for anything as time is too valuable to spend looking there. Develop relationships and network with other collectors is a far better use of time and study the books as you can, and originals online.

WIth a $150 budget a real Normandy camo will be out of reach I am afraid. A top shelf example will sell for over $4000. But there are saltier examples available for less, $2500 thereabouts. Save your $150 and turn it into about $500. You can then buy a nice no decal with which to start and once in a while some good ones for cheaper come for sale at sites like this one, GHW, WAF, and Ken B and Dave S on their sites sometimes have some good deals there with guys liquidating older helmets. I sold 3 or 4 "beaters" that I came across here via Dave, as I just dont have time to sell helmets, when I do.
    Good luck, happy hunting, be patient!

ww2germanhelmets.com
    germanwarhelmets.com

This is very sound advice.

Cheers, Ade.

Sound advice, indeed........................!

Not surprisingly, this seller has sold quite a few of these 'Normandy Camo'
    helmets, and others on Ebay over the past several months. Some have
    sold for over $1200. Each one discussed here has been
    deemed a fake by the helmet guys.
    Regards,

Steve.