Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original M40 Helmet?

Article about: What do you think about this helmet? I know the liner and straps are not original, the painting looks original, but I have a doubt about the decals. Thanks for help.

?

Default Original M40 Helmet?

What do you think about this helmet? I know the liner and straps are not original, the painting looks original, but I have a doubt about the decals. Thanks for help.
    Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M40 Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original M40 Helmet?

Close ups, especially of the decals would help a lot.

Agreed. Also, how would you post something like this?

?

Ok, sorry. A friend sent me the photos asking for help. I'll ask him for more photos with the decals.

From these pics I say a put together fake. I doubt the paint, the wire is a recent addition and 99.9% sure those are fake decals. However there is a DD M40 SS in the GHW database that is a rear marked Quist. I'll be interested to see the closer pics of the decals.

I see no evidence of the wire's presence on the shell for an extended period of time. A double decal m40 SS with wire sounds too good to be true.

My thought is this entire helmet is a fabrication. Are those holes punched into the liner at the front? From what I see I would pass. Strap also looks a repro. Closer pics would confirm one way or another but at this point I say no..

?

I'll do best. I'll have the helmet in my hands and try to take better photos. For me only the painting looks original, but how I'm not an expert, I'll be glad to see the opinions.

Quote by kylesbullets View Post
    Also, how would you post something like this?
    You would make sure it is well wrapped in bubble-wrap and place it in a box.
    Thanks ,Glen.

?

Hi! The Helmet is in my hands. Here are some more pictures to help. How I'm just a rookie I hope the big guys give their opinions so we can have a verdict. Thanks again for interest and help

Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?Original M40 Helmet?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast