Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Normandy camo?

Article about: Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this helmet and was wkndering.. is it real? Paint looks realistic (for the most part) but I find it odd that the liner is also green and the decal place looks .

Default Original Normandy camo?

Hey everyone, I stumbled upon this helmet and was wkndering.. is it real?

Paint looks realistic (for the most part) but I find it odd that the liner is also green and the decal place looks
    .. odd

Any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Normandy camo?   Original Normandy camo?  

Original Normandy camo?   Original Normandy camo?  

Original Normandy camo?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Normandy camo?
    P
    Many

Bad photos, hard to tell what's going on there.

Higher resolution pics on the way

Here are better pictures, won't get any better than these sadly
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Normandy camo?   Original Normandy camo?  

?

Hi,

The pictures are still not good enough to give a decisive answer. But from what I can see I do not have much hope. There are multiple spots where the paint goes over pitting. If you want a definitive answer try and take nice clear steady shots with lots of light. If you cant get good lighting inside take the photos outside.

Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Normandy camo?  

Not my helmet sadly, it's for sale for fairly cheap (for a camo helmet)

?

If the seller can't provide better photos than these, Just walk. I doubt it is anything more than spruced up relic. If you are really interested in it ask him for some CLEAR outdoor photos. If he believes it to be authentic and wants to sell it, He should have no problem taking better photos.

I am not a fan of the way the NS64 and the lot number is stamped , for the rest it does not look decent to me either.
    Leave it without regret.

As stated by Alex, the paint over the pitting points to the paint being post war applied at least in the case of the paint in the inner skirt. Not sure about the exterior paint due to the quality of the photos but from I can see I suspect it’s also bad. The paint on the inside skirt and condition of the liner band don’t match either. A messed up helmet and not really worth pursuing.

Andy

It has had a big clean up, the fairly uniform paint loss about the entry hole is strange, not natural. The signs of blood rot on the leatherwork look real enough, the owner of this lid didn't hear death coming for him, but something about it looks too contrived. The way the decal has been gauged out is very odd as well.