Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Paint and/or Decals?

Article about: I purchased this helmet back in 1981 and have not altered it in any way. I have found no definitive answer to the authenticity of the decals. Paint appears to be original but have never seen

Default Original Paint and/or Decals?

I purchased this helmet back in 1981 and have not altered it in any way.
    I have found no definitive answer to the authenticity of the decals.
    Paint appears to be original but have never seen this combination of decals on the same helmet.
    Has anyone seen this before and do you think this may be original?
    Thank You for any help, Greatly appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Paint and/or Decals?   Original Paint and/or Decals?  

Original Paint and/or Decals?   Original Paint and/or Decals?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Paint and/or Decals?
    P
    Many

Sorry to tell you the decals are not original ones.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

OK, That's one thumbs down... That is what I suspected. Thanks for the reply. Appreciated

Paint is bad as well.

For future reference would this combination of decals ever exist together in period? Heer Adler with SS/civil red swas? Wouldn't it just be the Heer Adler and national tricolor shield if anything concerning double decals? Just seen this was asked in the OP. IMO No. Best regards.

Brian

Quote by bsiwula1 View Post
    For future reference would this combination of decals ever exist together in period? Heer Adler with SS/civil red swas? Wouldn't it just be the Heer Adler and national tricolor shield if anything concerning double decals? Just seen this was asked in the OP. IMO No. Best regards.

Brian
    No as the NSDAP decal is a political decal so only SS and Polizei (and related branches) would use it. Paint is also not original.

Hi, sorry, but I have to agree completely with all that the gents have said above. Leon.

Thank You all for the input. I suspected as much, but it's great to have other knowledgeable opinions to confirm.