Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?

Article about: Dear War Relics Community, Hi all I found this neat looking helmet and was wondering if you guys could help me out. If only these helmets could talk!!! Thank you in advance!

Default Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?

Dear War Relics Community,

Hi all I found this neat looking helmet and was wondering if you guys could help me out. If only these helmets could talk!!! Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?   Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?  

Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?   Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?  

Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?   Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?  

Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original WW2 German Helmet. Two bullet holes and possible white winter paint?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice relic M40. Might be a size 66.

Not sure if it is the photos or not but color is a bit off. Maybe a scrubbed winter white wash? Or just some oxidation. Either way looks like the helmet was cleaned a bit but not untypical for relics to remove all the rust and deposits.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, a genuine M40 shell, as for the bullet holes, they look very square on hits and the "glances" have come from the same firing angle and skidded off due to the curvature of the helmet. Personally I think this shell was having "pot shots" taken at it while sat on a wall or alike rather than battle damage, but who knows for sure. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like a nice relic M40. Might be a size 66.

Not sure if it is the photos or not but color is a bit off. Maybe a scrubbed winter white wash? Or just some oxidation. Either way looks like the helmet was cleaned a bit but not untypical for relics to remove all the rust and deposits.
    LoL...just notice the title to the thread noted it might be a possible white wash...........Oh well. Guess I should pay more attention to the question then jumping right to the answer.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)