Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Over paint DD camo

Article about: Hey guys, I dug up another camo helmet and was wanting to get a few opinions on it since the price is pretty high. Looks good from what I can seem to be having a bad run of luck finding an h

I would strongly suggest that you pick up a book (Ken N's is probably the best around) and do a little studying before you wade into the high end of the collecting sphere, and camo's and SS helmets are not the ones you want to start with. Based upon what you have posted so far it is apparent that you are just starting out, and are quite vulnerable. It takes a lot of hard work to get to the point where you know enough to make wise investments in this hobby, and there are many out there who would gladly rob you blind given the chance. You really have to put in the time, read the books, go to shows, avail yourself of the information freely shared in the educational threads on this and other forums. Although the more knowledgeable members of this forum are very generous with their time and advice, you shouldn't rely exclusively on that when making a decision regarding whether or not to spend a few weeks' pay on a helmet. Simply stated, after a while it gets a little tedious pointing out what is wrong with a helmet posted by a member who just found a double decal fallschirmjager helmet for a song on an auction site or Craigslist.
    Last edited by helmet2id; 07-06-2016 at 01:15 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Over paint DD camo
    P
    Many

Bill Shea has some good helmets at the moment (some of DougB's collection I believe) but be prepared to pay handsomely for them.

All the palefaces speak the truth on this helmet ......... Ugh!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the help. Will just stay with regular issued helmets for now and maybe cross the camo threshold later down the road.

Believe it or not, in my early days of collecting, camo helmets were not popular. Everyone wanted helmets with decals. I always liked camos so I was able to pick them up fairly reasonable in the 1960's.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Nice one Bob, rub it in!

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Nice one Bob, rub it in!
    Today, I am in the same boat as everyone else trying to find an original camo at a reasonable price. It is important to know the history of collecting and how things have changed.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Nice one Bob, rub it in!
    totally took the words right out of my mouth. LoL
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2