Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

part of my collection

Article about: here is part of my collection, will get the rest up as and when, not too good on the pc i'm afraid

?

Very nice you have the whole gambit of RAF clocks ! Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement part of my collection
    P
    Many

Great collection and a pleasure to see, even though i collect Reich helmets and paperwork, i to love the sector clock as my favourite item. A very rare thing to get indeed! Leon.

What a superb display!

That is/was a great collection even though this thread started eight years ago - funny thing is, I saw the police combat lid up for sale online on a dealers site a few months ago. Very distinctive with the flaked decals and rusting on one air vent.

?

I look at those glass heads (or any head upon which a helmet is placed for display) and I think about Geology.

Geology is all about pressure and time.

It equates here because we have a situation where 70-80 year old leather and drawstrings are being compressed by the constant application of 3 pounds of force applied. Nothing will happen in a day or a week. Maybe not even for months. But over the long term; this is how "pull-throughs" happen in drawstring holes and drawstrings get broken.
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk.... it's time to ask 10 different guys"[SIGPIC]

Looks like a very nice collection.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ken N View Post
    I look at those glass heads (or any head upon which a helmet is placed for display) and I think about Geology.

Geology is all about pressure and time.

It equates here because we have a situation where 70-80 year old leather and drawstrings are being compressed by the constant application of 3 pounds of force applied. Nothing will happen in a day or a week. Maybe not even for months. But over the long term; this is how "pull-throughs" happen in drawstring holes and drawstrings get broken.
    Yup! 100% correct Ken.

If you want to display your helmets off the ground and don't want to spend a lot but still have it look nice, buy a metal vertical paper towel holder for $5 to $10. These pass through the liner and rest on the inside top of the steel helmet. Put a felt pad on top of the stand to stop it from sliding around.

They come in chrome, black, brushed stainless, bronze and wood.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Paper towel holder or dummy stick grenade works for me ,Regards ,Paul

part of my collection

Awesome Collections guys! Im just starting out collecting and I am in awe how much time and effort goes into building up a collection like these! Looking forward to sharing some of my finds with you gentleman aswell. Recently picked up some pins and badges from a co worker looking to sell of items he didnt know or care much about. Got a great deal! As far as the main post with all the helmets, absolute beauts the Luftwaffe helmets are!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3