Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Picked this up, M35

Article about: Looks like a sweet deal! Plus, I have the same toothbrushes!

Default Re: Picked this up, M35

Looks like a sweet deal! Plus, I have the same toothbrushes!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked this up, M35
    P
    Many

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    I say this is 100% correct and period. Its an M40 helmet, decals look good to the paint. Just looked up the lot number and its matches, SE64 Lotnr#8084 is for an M40 double decal Polizei.

Well done I like it
    I agree with Volksjaeger that its an M40 Feldpolizei helmet,as an M35 has a much broader rim, also the Decals are incorrect for a frontline serviceman, therefore it can only be a rear line servicemans helmet.

And getting it for free is the sweetest deal! Well done, nice lid indeed

I cannot believe you got this stunning helmet for free! This is my favorite kind! You have lived the dream of most collectors...

Great lid!
    probably worth around $700-800?

?

Thanks for all the info fella's. This is a great forum.

In regards to thinking it was a m35, that came from a guy on a gun forum I am saying it was and he had the same one that his grandpa brought back from the war.

Hopefully I am not out of line, I apologize if I am but any input as to where to go abouts selling this thing?

Well if you were to sell it, you can do a couple of things. You can stick it on ebay or site like that and take your chances. You could put it in the for sale section in this forum and see what happens or you could contact a dealer to either put in on consignment or see if he is willing to buy it from you. If you are thinking about the dealer route then send me an email and I will give you a couple of names.

You can also take offers from forum members as well, I would offer myself but I am on a rather tight budget at the moment as I just got an nice DD Luftwaffe M35

?

Well fella's I just wanted to drop in and say thanks. Because of this sight i was able to sell the helmet for almost a grand. However after I sold it another dealer told me the guy stole it from me as it was probly worth 2 grand. But hey I got it for free and im almost a grand richer because of it. SBR AR15 here we come!

?

That was quick work, what happened?, were they lining up at your door?

?

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    I agree with Volksjaeger that its an M40 Feldpolizei helmet,as an M35 has a much broader rim, also the Decals are incorrect for a frontline serviceman, therefore it can only be a rear line servicemans helmet.
    What? Never heard either of these statements before Berthier. Can you give us your sources as to this? It is an M40 but not for reasons you stipulate and decals have no bearing on service deployment. BTW police were rear security, anti-partisan, occupation, and many were involved in final solution actions ESP in the east. When police battalions were involved in frontline combat it was as stopgap measures.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast