Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)

Article about: Good morning/afternoon, I'm new to the world of steel helmets but I decided to do some research and then go out and find a period piece. I picked up this helmet yesterday and I believe it to

Default Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)

Good morning/afternoon,

I'm new to the world of steel helmets but I decided to do some research and then go out and find a period piece. I picked up this helmet yesterday and I believe it to be a period M42 single decal, although it is in somewhat rough shape I enjoy the rougher look. The decal appears to me to be correctly applied and shows wear consistent with the rest of the helmet. The remnants of the liner are still in the helmet and it also had a batch number of what I think says 3081 with a partial text above it that I can only make out a 6. This is located on the rear of the helmet.

I'd like more experienced opinions as to if this is an original piece and your thoughts on the helmet as a whole, thanks!

Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Picked up my very first helmet today and I'd love opinions (M42)
    P
    Many

I'm not an experienced helmet collector but, that's a very nice original helmet pick up ! Congrats !

I've also done my first helmet pick up some time ago, thats sooo exciting ! : D
    Last edited by FPerseghetti; 11-21-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Looks like an ET style decal to me which would make it an SE (Hkp) helmet or ET (Ckl) helmet I think. Quite hard to see the Manufacturer stamp. Looks Hkp to me.
    I believe the LOT number would also indicate the helmet should have a single decal such as this.

However, wait for more experienced members to confirm or deny this.

Very nice BTW!

Nick

Nice first helmet. Agree with Houndstooth, Looks like a HKP helmet with a correct ET decal.

The manufacturers stamp is basically not legible even to my eyes without having to try to decifer it from a picture unfortunately. Thank you for the opinions so far! I found a deal I couldn’t pass up with this one.

Very nice, no problem with it.

Hi, a nice first helmet, looks like a good sized 66 HEER to me as well. Just to be a pain, the lot number does fall right in the middle of a big run of HEER single decals by the ckl made lids, but it could be either. Makes no difference really as it is what it is, an original un-messed with HEER helmet. Leon.

Unfortunately I’ve seen a lot of the “denazified” and poorly repainted helmets while I was looking so finding this single decal was a real treat. I’d like to eventually move into the realm of SS items but I know that’s a minefield of fakes. Thank you all for the replies I always appreciate everyone’s opinions as I’m still relatively new at this.

Congratulations on scoring your first lid!!!

Mart

Nice example to open the collection with.