Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Please help. I have a choice to buy one of these helmets. Which one?

Article about: Hello, I have an opportunity to buy either of these helmets. The Luftwaffe helmet is \\$600 and the Army helmet is \\$950. Which should I buy? Which is the better deal? I know it is a matter of

?

Default Re: Please help. I have a choice to buy one of these helmets. Which one?

The reason being is that this one looks more honest in appearance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help.  I have a choice to buy one of these helmets. Which one?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help. I have a choice to buy one of these helmets. Which one?

IMO, it's more a price issue.

The Heer is too expensive for it's scratched-up condition, The Luft is too 'messed
    with', but the 2nd Luft is a more reasonable price.

I think German helmets are over-priced today anyhow !

The only issue for me, after owning a couple of WWII German helmets for a while,
    would be the size. I have a Luft 'Q62' - it is a small helmet. These days I prefer
    an 'average' size 64 or 66 helmet..............!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help.  I have a choice to buy one of these helmets. Which one?  
    Regards,

Steve.

Decals will usually have a bit of damage done to them. The third one you posted isn't even too badly damaged. I would take the $500 one above the other two. You can find heer lids for better prices.

The third one also has character since it received two Luftwaffe decals. I don't really like the look of the first Luftwaffe helmet you posted.

My advice, take the $500 one and run. : )

Regards,
    Mo

?

Even if the herr decal is correct, it is placed badly, crooked, not worth the 900 in my opinion

Both helmets you posted are nice helmets. I don't understand what others have against the liner of the Luftwaffe. It's not new at all. It's a nice original lightly worn liner. 650$ for the Luftwaffe is a good price.
    I would personally pass up on the Heer because of the print of the decal , it's very unsharp and some details of the decal have blurred. For that price you find ones with better decals in my opinion.

The 1st Luftwaffe you posted is better value for money compared to the one from Warelics. For none ground found helmets decal is everything. It has the better decal and the better liner + the added bonuses like a what seems like a name on the tongue and the green paint in the visor. A peculiarity I haven't seen before but what makes the helmet interesting nonetheless.

So in short I wholy disagree with the opinions others posted about the 1st Luftwaffe

I'm watching this thread with great interest as I do most and that is no joke, but.
    Yes there is a but, while clicking on one of the picture links I suddenly came across a German show, candid camera/punked sort of thing I guess, so I got a few laughs but then I ran into a beautiful young lady with a great voice and I believe a good heart ... Helena Fischer

So while I am still wanting to learn what makes a helmet a good or bad investment I fell in love...............................but I've done that 4 times before

Back to the helmets and I apologize if I temporarily hijacked this thread.
    And for what it's worth from a new guy this is very informative. Not just a yes or no but actual discussions from those that know their particular strengths in collecting.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Both helmets you posted are nice helmets. I don't understand what others have against the liner of the Luftwaffe. It's not new at all. It's a nice original lightly worn liner. 650$ for the Luftwaffe is a good price.
    I would personally pass up on the Heer because of the print of the decal , it's very unsharp and some details of the decal have blurred. For that price you find ones with better decals in my opinion.

The 1st Luftwaffe you posted is better value for money compared to the one from Warelics. For none ground found helmets decal is everything. It has the better decal and the better liner + the added bonuses like a what seems like a name on the tongue and the green paint in the visor. A peculiarity I haven't seen before but what makes the helmet interesting nonetheless.

So in short I wholy disagree with the opinions others posted about the 1st Luftwaffe
    For only $150 more, you are correct - the 1st Luft is not really that bad at all !

The painted visor area bugged me somewhat. I had not seen this type
    of 'detailing' before either. Perhaps the seller of this lid
    can do a little better - $600 ? !
    Regards,

Steve.

I think I have narrowed it down to one of the two Luft helmets.
    The offer on the second Luft helmet is now $450.00.
    Pros of that one is the price + no green paint under the visor.
    Cons are the decal is not as crisp and has some damage.
    The first Luft is $600.00.
    Pros on this one are the decal is very nice and I believe the liner is a little nicer.
    Now what do I do?

?

If you read my thread you will see that some opinions were based on a liner that looked too new, then for some reason the picture changed, also i believe the decal had damage between the wings on the original photo, that is why i posted an addendum to my thread stating "am i going around the bend here" Im not sure but theres something screwy about this

save your money and wait for better items to come along....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast