Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help ID Helmet!

Article about: I have this helmet and I don't know much about it. Can anyone help me ID the helmet? Thank You!

Default Please help ID Helmet!

I have this helmet and I don't know much about it. Can anyone help me ID the helmet?

Thank You!

Please help ID Helmet!Please help ID Helmet!Please help ID Helmet!Please help ID Helmet!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help ID Helmet!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help ID Helmet!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

German M42 but with home made liner added.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well, certainly appears to be a German WW2-period M42 shell, but the liner is totally outlandish, as is the chinstrap. Possibly something done long after the war to convert it to a motorcycle helmet or something of that nature. Who knows. Not right, anyway!

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Looks like a German WWII M42 helmet. The liner system is not German WWII system. Many German helmets were used post-war by various European countries. Are there any markings in the steel under the skirt, toward the back (above where the spine would come up into the helmet)?

Thank you! There ARE some #'s inside the Helmet. Looks like the nubers are 3484?? There is also a small crack in the rear of the helmet. Please See New Pictures Added!

Please help ID Helmet!Please help ID Helmet!

"Ckl" is the makers code for Eisenhuttenwerk, Thale.

64 is the shell size.

3484 is the lot production number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

A very common helmet maker. What do you plan to do with it, if you don't mind me asking?

Not sure what I will do with the Helmet. Is the Helmet worth anything?

Thank You!

Not a lot. No split pins, post war really bad liner system, crack in the rear. The paint may be original but it woudlnt help a whole lot.

$75-$100 ish?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast