Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Please help -m42 luft helmet - flight crew?

Article about: Hello, I have been asked to make an offer on this helmet. Can you tell me whether it is authentic (paint/decal)? Also what is a fair value? Annoyed from this ads?   I was told by the se

?

Even with these photos I do not believe that black is wartime painted.
    Save your money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help -m42 luft helmet - flight crew?
    P
    Many

Smile

Thank you
    Perhaps a motorcycle gang in the 1960s??

The inside of the helmet looks too bad compared with the black colour IMO.
    With best wishes

alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Thank you
    Perhaps a motorcycle gang in the 1960s??
    Who knows but it is irrelevant.

"Who knows but it is irrelevant."

I know, I was making a joke ; )
    I really appreciate you guys weighing in with your opinions.

?

Ah ok -- didn't translate. :-)

?

I quite like the paint , the liner appears blood damaged so possibly killed before paint was heavily worn , the liner would breakdown quicker if blood damaged but that's just my opinion , rgds Dave

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Agree with all on the color of Luft Flak units that some are found painted black. If I might add Flight crews did use steel helmets worn over flight helments Anders Skote shows several period pictures however he states the liners were removed to give a better fit. There were some worn in the battle of Brittan with the sides pounded out to accept the avaintoics of the flight helmet. Just my IMO. timothy
    Hello Timothy
    Interesting, who's Anders Skote? I'd love to see photos, on the posted helmet for me its one someone buys on the understanding it has little monetary value I'm afraid.
    Agree with Doug the interior/exterior dont add up, the black I doubt is from wartime myself the leather liner fingers appear to be just age rotting not blood imo, sorry Dave.

Regards
    Eric

[QUOTE=Unterstand;1361448]Hello Timothy
    Interesting, who's Anders Skote? I'd love to see photos, on the posted helmet for me its one someone buys on the understanding it has little monetary value I'm afraid.
    Agree with Doug the interior/exterior dont add up, the black I doubt is from wartime myself the leather liner fingers appear to be just age rotting not blood imo, sorry Dave.

Sorry I mispelled his name Anders Skotte a Swedish collector of Luftwaffe Flight Headgear. Book written by him "German Luftwaffe Flight Headgear Of World War 2." Published in 1993 On page 85 Luftwaffe M-1935 steel helmet without liner worn over flight helmet and pages pages 89 and 90 similar helmets worn over flight headgear all are period pictures taken inside Luftwaffe bomber of Luftwaffe bomber crews. If this helps timothy

?

Thank you Timothy
    Gents with Luftwaffe often when I think I'm looking at a black helmet in original photographs I come to the conclusion I maybe looking at the lovely early deep blue.

Regards
    Eric
    Please help -m42 luft helmet - flight crew?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3