Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets

Article about: Hello, I was offered these two helmets. I would like to know whether they look authentic? Also what are their approximate value (each)? Annoyed from this ads?   I just would like a ball

Default Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets

Hello,
    I was offered these two helmets.
    I would like to know whether they look authentic?
    Also what are their approximate value (each)?
    I just would like a ball park figure so I can make a reasonable offer.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets   Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets  

Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets   Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets  

Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets   Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets
    P
    Many

Helmets look right as rain to be but I'm a little out of the loop on them as far as price goes. Probably worth a lot more but I would only drop about 200- each. My thinking is that unless for a good deal, I can buy them all day long from the comfort of my office. Depending on where they're coming from, 350- is the magic number to most people unless.........." I saw it on Ebay for****** " Then I usually say........" That's a good place to sell it, do you have an Ebay and Paypal account? all you need is a bank account to back it up and after 90 days, 250- in transactions, and a total of 25 successful transactions, they'll actually release your money

Look good enough to me but I would say your offer should reflect how much you actually want either of these for whatever specific reason. I can't see anything really "special" about any of the two so I'd go "low" but, of course, "low" would depend on who you're dealing with as well --- make an offer that's too low to someone that knows their stuff and you'll probably end up insulting the seller/screwing up the deal altogether

Personally I would not have offered $200 each, as proposed above, to someone that knows what they have --- dealer or collector. I don't know... it's all very subjective. I think that even a sum like $900-1000 for the pair would be fair to you and the seller both if they're untouched pieces... $450-500 for untouched single decal helmets would be a nice deal imo --- that said, nothing special about these as far as I can see... so in the end it's up to you. Good luck!

Just want to add: we all seem to have different standards and views on pricing --- some rely on dealer prices and some rely on dirt cheap prices from people that are clueless about what they have. Also, the older collectors seem a bit more "spoiled" (no offense to anyone intended, of course ) when it comes to pricing and, I guess, years of experience might rightfully be the reason because they know how and where to look for these amazing deals --- in the end these are items that are plentiful, so... value is highly subjective.

both look good.

Good combat helmets. The liner string in one is not right ( buying point), both have chinstrap and good liners all a plus. The Heers will be worth a little more than the Luftwaffe. The Luftwaffe would go for in the price range of 250-300 and 300-400 for the Heers. There is still reseller value for you in the future at that price. Marty
    Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 10-16-2014 at 06:38 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Proposed above based on these being sold buy the guy that got em from Grandpa, or the lady that found them in the attic of her newly purchased house. Like I was saying and should have made a little more clear I'm guessing, a thousand bucks for the two would be fair in the dealers eyes but again, you could buy all day long from the comfort of home that way. An offer of 200- each and a little less for both is just smart bargaining and fair to both considering the hassle of a newbie selling elsewhere. Personally, I've had bad experiences with dealers during the first couple of years collecting back about the year 2000. I sold a couple of camouflage M-42's to a dealer for a hundred each, and that's because he was "doubling my money" What a guy! I paid only 50- because neither the seller or myself had any idea the value. To pay roughly half of top dollar is fair from your average Joe to a collector. BTW, what is the asking price, and is it a dealer? That makes all the difference.

I'm with you Marty, being out of the loop on these, I'm still not too far off.

?

The seller is _selling_ the helmets, so get a price from him.

Why make an offer? Get the seller to tell you what he can live with. You put yourself in a disadvantaged position right away and risk overpaying, or insulting the seller.

Truth be told these helmets are a dime a dozen and if the seller wants too much just thank him/her for their time and move along.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The seller is _selling_ the helmets, so get a price from him.

Why make an offer? Get the seller to tell you what he can live with. You put yourself in a disadvantaged position right away and risk overpaying, or insulting the seller.

Truth be told these helmets are a dime a dozen and if the seller wants too much just thank him/her for their time and move along.
    Right on Doug, first things first, What's the asking price?

48stars:

I agree on the part about dealer vs. private seller, which I already noted, but I have to admit I'm not seeing $450-500 (price I suggested as a fair price to both a private seller and buyer) untouched SD Luftwaffe helmets with a clean/more or less complete decal on any mainstream dealer site and I like to believe that I've built up a good selection of dealers to choose from by now. I was thinking more like $700+ from dealers for low-end but complete Luftwaffe helmets and "untouched" seems to be a price adjuster as well --- am I really that far off? I only know of one dealer that's marginally cheaper from time to time but he's impossible to get in touch with and it seems his helmets go really fast. In the end it all comes down to who's selling, I guess.

?

Quote by 48stars View Post
    What's the asking price?
    Let the seller tell you that. Then you negotiate what your comfortable with. If he won't then walk away. You can find these helmets on 10 different dealer sites right now. And there you will also find your price comparables.

Are you a collector or are you planning on flipping them right away?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast