Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets

Article about: Hello, I was offered these two helmets. I would like to know whether they look authentic? Also what are their approximate value (each)? Annoyed from this ads?   I just would like a ball

Yes, the Heer would generally be worth more but I was speaking from preference given the Heer helmets apparent issues over the Luftwaffe helmet which seems largely untouched. That said, the two pins that are showing don't look bad to me --- missing paint isn't an issue by itself... there's no photo of the rear pin btw.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help - opportunity to purchase heer & luft helmets
    P
    Many

Good point.
    Maybe I will ask him for a photo of the rear pin.
    I really do appreciate your comments and opinions.
    Thank you

Dave at ww2 german helmets is a great guy, so the helmet came from a good dealer. Which helmet, that would be up to you don't go by which would be worth more go by what you like. Pm me if you do not by both I have a co- worker who may want the other helmet. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

No it is not for me I am broke I just wrote a check for 4,800.00 to put braces in my sons mouth.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

I agree, pick the one you want and not the one that is worth slightly more. Unless you're thinking of re-selling, that is. With better photos of the liner pins I'm sure more experienced collectors could chime in but, like you said, photos of the rear pin would be a good idea -- maybe he just forgot or maybe he doesn't want to show...

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I like the helmets, I really, really like the true combat or been there look. Marty
    I hear you me too, re the worn pins Anton it only enhances imo, in original grunt pics the paint on the pins is often gone anyway that dealer is ok he sells nice helmets in fact I think it was this gent who had a bunch of what some may call run of the mill lids awhile back, they flew off the selves in no time everyone I talked to liked them, not great condition just nice honest combat lids.
    That said he wants too much for that woodchip holly molly!

Eric

Hi, two decent helmets at a sensible price, the choice is yours, but if you are looking for "profit" then I would respectfully say that you are taking the wrong approach to the hobby. Buy a piece for the love and history of it, it is all that matters. Leon.

Profit from a dealer? Minimal at best but probably nonexistent in this case considering what's involved in flipping such items, hardly worth the trouble. I think he's just looking for a good deal and is generally interested in the item considering the source.

Approaching the hobby from the buying low angle is just smart and who's to say it's wrong. Personally, I can't afford to just buy my AAF stuff from dealers as a single squadron patch can fetch hundreds. So I look for other items at a bargain to trade of flip for profit helping fund my real interests, German Helmets being one of them. We all do that.

I hear people saying 250 - 300 or 400 for one of the helmets and as much for the other... Where have you found SD helmets of the LW and the Heers for these prices? The helmets are good, the paint is good and the decals are good... So the price will not be that low! I've never encountered a helmet like these on such a price, not even in the classifieds area!

Quote by 48stars View Post
    Approaching the hobby from the buying low angle is just smart and who's to say it's wrong. Personally, I can't afford to just buy my AAF stuff from dealers as a single squadron patch can fetch hundreds. So I look for other items at a bargain to trade of flip for profit helping fund my real interests, German Helmets being one of them. We all do that.
    Very very true, it's a good way to build your collection up to 'higher' things. Buying to sell on IMO doesn't mean you don't respect or love the history behind the items, just that is a good way of working up to better things. Also getting numerous items in and out over time increases your knowledge of the items themselves and allows you to have owned and handled more historic artefacts!

As an example: I've had 6 or 7 K98 rifles up and till now, I only have 1 currently... BUT buying and selling them has not only enabled me to buy things that were before out of reach for me (mainly MG's), but I also now know and have learned a heck of a lot about K98's, and what to look out for in them. So it works well in two aspects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast