Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Polizei helmet help

Article about: Hello, not even sure if this shouldn't be in the 'SS' section. Anyway I found a Polizei helmet in a Junk shop today, looks old to me and has a 'camo tan' over paint? But the decals are still

Default Polizei helmet help

Hello, not even sure if this shouldn't be in the 'SS' section. Anyway I found a Polizei helmet in a Junk shop today, looks old to me and has a 'camo tan' over paint? But the decals are still visable, it's a M42 model. I know the chance of this being real are slim to none at best! But any dead giveaways to look for? I don't have pictures, I will try to get some, if for no other reason to give someone a good laugh at how bad it is. No point asking the seller, he was quite impressed that he knew it was German! As some may have already guessed by now I know next to nothing about these things, German firearms are more my thing, but any pointers can't be a bad thing! Many thanks, Jonathan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Polizei helmet help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Polizei helmet help

Jonathan it is really hard to tell without pictures.
    Combat police helmet also got camo on them.
    So the helmet you saw could be good ,but need pictures.
    chris

Looking forward to pics if possible, what was he asking for it do you know?

Rarely do you find camo feldpolizei helmets, I can't recall the last time I saw one.

red flags would be
    -if the decals are above the camo paint
    -the wear on the camo is uniform and appears to have been done all at the same time
    -cluster patterns of similar wear in random places on the helmet
    -no wear at all
    -Fresh smelling paint
    -paint inside pitted areas
    -super duper low price
    Last edited by Sir Payne; 04-25-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Camo police helmet are very rare correct.
    But they are out there got to find them.
    You just never know.
    Always make sure ,it does not cost anything t check.
    But having the decal over the camo does not make it bad. Only a bad decal does.
    chris

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    having the decal over the camo does not make it bad.
    Of course, neither does having no wear at all make it bad, since there are some minty camos out there. But 99% of the time decals over camo is a bad sign. For those who do not have the experience to spot fake decals, being aware of red flags such as this can be helpful.

That's kind of the same way I approach SS decals. I can spot most fake Heer, Luft, and police decals, but with SS decals I have a very tough time. At times when I can't come to a conclusion based on the details and graphics, I have to judge them based on their wear, and their conditon compared to the area around them. This type of analysis isn't full proof, but works most of the time I have found.

?

looking forward to pictures you never know what you are going to find now a days