Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

possible fake starting at 250£s/?

Article about: wow,,,there were so many fakes i just started counting the real ones!

Default possible fake starting at 250£s/?

Guys an m18 plus camo cover on uk ebay.First of all the camo cover is in mint clean condition.How in anyones logic can an item nearly 100years old, and through the worlds worst battles ever be that clean.The helmet is a strange looking one ,again cleanitem.The dip down looks awkward and its supposed to be an m18.I THOUGHT THE M18S DIDNT HAVE THE RIVET IN THE SIDE FOR THE CHINSTRAP.ALSO THE POSITIONING OF THE RIVET LOOKS MORE LIKE THE AUSTRIAN M16.TYPE IN COLLCETIBLE AND THEN WW1 GERMAN HELMETS ON EBAY UK !!! I HOPE ADE THIS IS OK ON THE SITE?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement possible fake starting at 250£s/?
    P
    Many

Default Re: possible fake starting at 250£s/?

Have you got the link to the helmet ?
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Stuka f type in number 280504719552,and it should come up .interested to know what others think of it/

Well I am surely not tempting of buying that one. As you said; it looks all fake to me to.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

definitely bogus,,,stay away

Gentlemen...it is not a M18, it is purporting to be a M16 (Leather liner band)...IMO all fake !...In far to good condition for age, even if it had been put in box immediatly after manufacture ! notice the low angle of the visor progression to skirt, the M91 chinstrap post bolts too far up the body (it may well be Austrian style, better photos would be needed), what we cant see, is the precision or lack of it, with the inner rolled edge,(which on modern copies is not smooth, but 'jerky'), the liner pins are wrong (too domed, not flat enough), has it got a mm/size ? has it got the steel mill lot number in the crown ? which are a feature of German WW1 helmets, i doubt it. As for the cover....modern copy, the mm is known fake which are often added to repro WW1 German bandoliers. Oh.. and the chinstrap is a poor rendition, too wide never fastened/held together by a brass stud !
    Last edited by oradour; 05-11-2010 at 03:54 PM.

Further to above, heres my M16, mm W66, for 'Hermann Weissenberger & Co.' of Stuttgart-Canstatt, for comparison (note the lot number stamped in crown, K42, i.d's the rolling mill from where the sheet of metal came from) :-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture possible fake starting at 250£s/?   possible fake starting at 250£s/?  

and here is the e bay helmet.......
    Attached Images Attached Images possible fake starting at 250£s/?  possible fake starting at 250£s/? 

Talking about 'possible fakes,' you should take a look at the latest offerings on the website of UK Militaria Ltd. His 70% sale is still going strong...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast