Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible to restore helmet marked ET64 3657? What to do with it?

Article about: Hello! I have this helmet that my father got after the war. He is not sure where he got it from, but at that time it was common that the Norwegian army used some of the old German equipment.

There were no specific models used exclusively by any specific branch, any model could have been used by any branch --- so, in other words it could be Heer, Luftwaffe, SS... even RAD or Todt. Others will help you with the color codes, I'm sure.

Any Luftwaffe configuration would have been worn here in Norway, obviously with the pre war configuration being outnumbered by the war time configurations -- pick and choose.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible to restore helmet marked ET64 3657? What to do with it?
    P
    Many

?

You 're going to lose an affective value for an hypothetical war relic value.

Not the best trade.

Let it as a "toy" relic who speak to you about your father, not a german relic who speak to nobody except few money value.

Quote by remss View Post
    You 're going to lose an affective value for an hypothetical war relic value.

Not the best trade.

Let it as a "toy" relic who speak to you about your father, not a german relic who speak to nobody except few money value.
    I appreciate the thought, but my father is not gone. He is alive and well and it is he and I who discuss what we should do with the helmet.

We think that restoring it to something that it maybe once was is an interesting though, but nothing is decided yet. He got it from a person that served at an airfield after the war. My father likes to think that it was used by Luftwaffe during the war, but I guess we can never be sure...

The idea was that in its current condition it will probably just end up in a cardboard box in the garage or basement. But if it was restored to something it maybe was (or could have been) nearly 75 years ago, it could in fact be placed on display either at my father’s house or mine. If not as a real helmet, we would still know that it was made in Germany during WW2.

I understand there would be little money value, but that does not matter. What matters I think is that in its current state it will probably be put away...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2