MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible SS polizei helmet?

Article about: by DougB Frank note what appears to be a cleaned surface around the decals, the police decals broken upon application on the bottom right and what looks like some sort of decal remnant under

?

Default Possible SS polizei helmet?

Found this on a website recently and another forum member suggested it could be SS field police helmet - what is the general opinion?
    Thanks!
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible SS polizei helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Possible SS polizei helmet?

Absent any markings that would ID it as belonging to a soldier of the 4th SS Police it is at best a Combat Police helmet. I don't like the decals on this one, however. They look like real decals, but the crack in the Police shield, the marks above the Party Shield and Police shield, the appearance of the shell around the decals, the apparent application of the decals over preexisting rust, and the over all condition of the balance of the helmet makes me suspicious of when the transfers were applied. I would be wary of this helmet. Just my quick clinical guess. Jim G.

?

Agree with Jim that the decals very possibly are postwar applied.

As for it being "SS Police", well all police fell under the jurisdiction of the Greater SS so yes any police helmet is automatically SS. That said if your wondering if this was a Waffen SS 4th Polezei Division helmet there is no way to know. That was the only combat police division. The rest were worn by Ordungspolezei and the field police battalions which were typically doing very bad things to civilians in occupied countries, not fighting the enemy.

?

decals were scratched to make look old

?

I thought the swastika decal looked a little artificially aged but I wasn't certain and wanted to check; okay, thanks guys, I'll steer clear of this one.

Robbie

I will hazard a guess that this is an SE M40 polizei and that the decals are correct

?

Oh, really? Interesting... I'll have to wait for more responses now to balance it out I doubt it's worth the asking price of £650 though...

Quote by Steampunk View Post
    Oh, really? Interesting... I'll have to wait for more responses now to balance it out I doubt it's worth the asking price of £650 though...
    Not wait for more responses , get more pictures and info about this helmet. That's how you get people to respond more accurately.

Helmet maker and lotnumber is very important information.

M40 Quist Polizei for comparison.
    Possible SS polizei helmet?

?

Frank note what appears to be a cleaned surface around the decals, the police decals broken upon application on the bottom right and what looks like some sort of decal remnant underneath. The rusted pitted surface of the shell with pristine decals don't add up, the rest incriminate it as postwar applied regardless of maker or lot number in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast