Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible SS polizei helmet?

Article about: by DougB Frank note what appears to be a cleaned surface around the decals, the police decals broken upon application on the bottom right and what looks like some sort of decal remnant under

Default Re: Possible SS polizei helmet?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Frank note what appears to be a cleaned surface around the decals, the police decals broken upon application on the bottom right and what looks like some sort of decal remnant underneath. The rusted pitted surface of the shell with pristine decals don't add up, the rest incriminate it as postwar applied regardless of maker or lot number in my opinion.
    It's not a good looking helmet , but if it turns out to be an SE I think the decals are original. The decals would protect the surface and the spots in the party shield would have the same corrosion as the shell.
    But I must stop to comment in topics whereby the topic poster only throws out some pics and no info , not even a liner picture.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible SS polizei helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Possible SS polizei helmet?

Firstly I don't see the evidence to use ORIGINAL decals on a such rusty helmet, then make the old look to them- it's a not fortunate guy who would collect more money at the questionable helmet. I really seen the dugup helmets where the decals survived very well, due the layer of paint, layer of decal and layer of lacquer over that, makes it very good impregnated. Even due of this fact, you can see the deep rust craters which is looks very authentic on the party shield. There is a hundreds cheap, completed with 100% paint, original helmets with fully scratched decals, and a hundereds of a helmets with ruined, fall etc decals.
    The next problem that most of the face up decals survived will never can applyed today- they usually will scatter in the water due of age.
    To me, that kind of a scratch on a decal is could be period done by applier. Despite it looks bad, I feel it is a period one
    N.B Over the national shield is still remaining the paint base under decal, which is survived, you can see it where the scratches- it is a probably scratches leaved by the " professional" tester whop authenticate the helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2