Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Possible Winter Camo?

Article about: Greetings collector friends, I picked this lid up yesterday on E bay, I’m not good with this type of camo at all but it was so cheap that I thought I would take a punt on it. On looking at i

A really nice one Daniel.

What does does it look like inside?

Andrew

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Winter Camo?
    P
    Many

Very good, was in deep clay from the video and rinsed straight away. Liner, strap and everything pretty much as it was when it fell. I’ll post some pics but I’m only just working out the forum processes.

That’s a nice well preserved one.

Andrew

I’ll get some next week. I wasn’t going to post these as I only joined yesterday and didn’t think I’d post anything.

Yes, it’s one of only a few that is actually on video being discovered, it was this that got me hooked, my first helmet. I have goosebumps watching it and glancing over at it in my lounge. There is another video taken at this location, meters away and they discover what I believe is a T34 of some series buried. The helmet and mortar boxes, mg rounds etc found with the helmet and the Russian debris suggest it was full on combat at the time.

?

Hey Daniel and welcome to the forum chum. Great helmet and superb footage. Thanks very much for sharing it.
    Andy

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danielsharp View Post
    Thanks!

I myself am really not much of a relic helmet collector but I would certainly make an exception for this one without a second thought.

Great video. Amazing finds!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Folks, any final comments re the helmet that started this thread. Is it felt that it started life as a snow Camo and has been messed with (if so to what degree). Or is a total mock up?. Is there any merit in giving this a bath in oxilic acid?
    Thanks
    Andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3