Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Possibly a dumb question

Article about: Just re arranging my to fav helmets, M35 SD heer and M40 SD Luft.....both complete, but noticed that the chinstrap on my Luft is on the wrong side....now it could simply have been removed in

?

Default Possibly a dumb question

Just re arranging my to fav helmets, M35 SD heer and M40 SD Luft.....both complete, but noticed that the chinstrap on my Luft is on the wrong side....now it could simply have been removed in the past and pu back on wrong...but, is it possible that the chinstrap position may have been changed by individual soldiers if they were left handed?????

Don't hurt me!!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possibly a dumb question
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Possibly a dumb question

Its quite possible, remember, then as now the percentage of right handed people outnumbered left, and although almost every soldier fired a weapon right handed there were some that could only fire left handed or fired ambidexturously, the majority of helmets you see are right handed chin straps yet i dont think there was any hard and fast rules

?

Default Re: Possibly a dumb question

Thanks mate....I had a bit of a heart attack when I saw the chinstrap, but it just occurred to me that a left handed soldier might have swapped I over......just an observation I suupose