Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

post war helmet

Article about: Am I correct stating that thise helmet is post war? And what is it exactly? There are some marks on the inner ring, but hard to read. Thanks. |<ris

Default Re: post war helmet

Confirms my fears. Too bad!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement post war helmet
    P
    Many

Nothing to be sorry for or afraid, I baught it for a post -war-messed -with- helmet, just wasn't sure it realy was post war made!
    Thanks.
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Fair enough!

?

l<ris, your not showing any markings on the inside skirt of the helmet, to me this looks like a fake M40, with fake liner, chinstrap, decals and paint, it would however be interesting to see any markings as it just might be an original shell but there is some doubt on my part

There are no markings I can see, that was my first clue that it wasn't a war time helmet, but I am not that good at it with those German helmets...
    A other possibility could be as the helmet is heavely painted, that the marks have been over painted...
    Is there a other way to see it a copied helmet?
    Also have the feeling the liner is one or two size to small to the helmet....
    |<

cheers
    |<ris

?

There is a way to tell, by the positioning of the vents and distance of the liner pins, but if its a replica then it would have been copied probably from an original helmet before fake production began, check the internal area where the vents are, if its a copied m35 there will be turned over metal, star shaped, like the rear of a shoe eyelet, if not its a pressed vent like an m40 , as for the markings, it maybe that if real they were very light stamps and any paint covering would conceal them, but i'm not seeing very heavy paint

Here are the best shots I was able to make of the rivets on the inside.
    Defenetly no "shoe-eyelet-rivet" but still not very convincing to me to be a M35 or M40...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture post war helmet   post war helmet  

post war helmet  

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2