Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Post your best helmets for 2014.

Article about: Whats your best or favorite helmet from 2014? I have been fortunate this year to cross off some very very rare German steel off my list. This one would be the rarest and one of the best. Thi

Doug your helmets are superb... First time i see both! Because i am a cretan i loved the FJ one more!! When i see the shape of such a helmet something bounces in my chest!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your best helmets for 2014.
    P
    Many

Here is mine brought last summer , not as nice as Dougs helmet but i still like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your best helmets for 2014.   Post your best helmets for 2014.  

4md
    ?

Some Awesome lids posted so farTwo helmets for me this year both of which I hav'nt posted yet so heres a little preview of the best one
    Its a no decal m42 lot number DN 546, I will tell you the rest when I post it in its own thread eventually

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your best helmets for 2014.  

I can't help this thread unfortunately, my last lid purchase was in 2013!

Mine is not quite as spectacular as the others shown here - which are great by the way! But, I think its pretty interesting and for me it's great as it was discovered buried on a building site in Berlin recently just a few hundred metres from the Reichstag building. It even has traces of white paint all over the shell, I wonder where it saw action before it finished up in Berlin? The red dot on the map shows the location of the building site in relation to the Reichstag. ...........As much as I like this helmet I'm prepared to look at a trade, Doug, if it's something you feel you can't live without in your collection although I know how much these things are worth so don't try to rip me off!....lol

Post your best helmets for 2014.Post your best helmets for 2014.

Default Fhh,dr ss,

This year I picked up a few dream helmets because, for the first time in my 50 years of collecting, I was able to bring myself to part with helmets that I had acquired over the years. I traded a few really nice pieces for 3 super pieces. The 2 brown helmets, an M35 Double Decal Feldherrnhalle and an M33 Duckbill Stabswache Rohm helmet (with decals defaced, probably after the Night of the Long Knives), both owned by Al B., had been on my "wish list" forever. The M42 Double Runic SS, from Doug B., appeared out of the blue. I already had one (an M40 published in the Hicks/Beaver book), but how can you pass it up when one of these gems is offered? I picked up quite a few oddballs this year, but these three are the best. I have been blessed with a very understanding wife! We marked thirty years earlier this month. Her gift to me was an M34 with Austrian Police Decals! I will post that one soon. Merry Christmas to you all, and good hunting. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your best helmets for 2014.   Post your best helmets for 2014.  

Post your best helmets for 2014.   Post your best helmets for 2014.  

?

Hey guys some really awesome helmets so far! JIm, you hit paydirt my friend on some real rarities and its nice to see my old EF M42 DR SS ex winter whitewash again!

Keep them coming guys!
    Cheers

Well this is the only one acquired this year for me so it will be my best!! M35 DD with good liner and chin strap. Real good paint but weak decals. Almost gives a guy an inferiority complex posting this after Dougs beauties !!!
    Steve

A lot of nice helmets posted here! I guess this M34 DD Civic Police helmet would count as my best helmet of the year. After looking for a nice one for about a year this one suddenly popped up through one of my favourite dealers this summer and I immediately lunged at it

*Close to no sunlight around these parts this time of year so the pics below are ones from the original listing.

MAP
    ?

Wow! These are all fantastic helmets!

I picked up a few this year, but my best for 2014 is this nice NS M35 DD. So far the best in my small by growing collection.....

(btw - no wax coating or polish on this. Just glare and fantastic paint)

Regards,

Michael

P.S. And thanks to a great guy here for giving me advice on this!

Post your best helmets for 2014.Post your best helmets for 2014.Post your best helmets for 2014.Post your best helmets for 2014.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast