Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!

Article about: That is crooked yes, but it can get aloooooot worse! Up to 45 degrees!

Default Re: Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!

That is crooked yes, but it can get aloooooot worse! Up to 45 degrees!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!
    P
    Many

?

All depends if there was a beerfest the night before, or they should have gone to specsavers

My only Km helmet might not be what your looking for Mo, but here it is anyway. An Italian M1928 2nd model reissued to the KM with the 'variant' shields.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!   Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!  

Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Bond View Post
    My only Km helmet might not be what your looking for Mo, but here it is anyway. An Italian M1928 2nd model reissued to the KM with the 'variant' shields.

Beautiful! I have yet to add a pith helmet to my collection.

An archaeologist who likes pith helmets... I guess it's safe to assume you're a fan of Indiana Jones? haha

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Beautiful! I have yet to add a pith helmet to my collection.

An archaeologist who likes pith helmets... I guess it's safe to assume you're a fan of Indiana Jones? haha
    Obviously, they based the movies on my early career.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here is mine.

It's a named M35, SE64, lot #4938. It falls in the list of M35 issued helmets for sure, as i have found it in German Helmet Walhalla.

Those numbers are

SE lot numbers: 4546-4976

Mine was reissued at some point and it was believed by my seller to be a KM reissue whilst others say it's a Heer reissue. In the pics you can see the 2 eagles one applied over the other. The one above is lighter in color indeed but there is a possibility that this is due to a treatment applied by a collector or something.

The color of the lid is the grey-green color paint used on battleships.

The liner is original to the helmet.

I'm sure the mystery of the decals will be solved using a digital microscope.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!   Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!  

Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!   Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Oh, I like that grey color!
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Oh I like that grey colour as well!

Here is mine, bought from a dealer afew months ago, ET66 #222 Named to a Caspar A.
    Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!Post your Kriegsmarine helmets!

Quote by Stinschen View Post
    ET made crooked decals, I believe - or so I was told
    It's not the Decal itself that's crooked Chris it's just the way it's been applied

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Here is mine.

It's a named M35, SE64, lot #4938. It falls in the list of M35 issued helmets for sure, as i have found it in German Helmet Walhalla.

Those numbers are

SE lot numbers: 4546-4976

Mine was reissued at some point and it was believed by my seller to be a KM reissue whilst others say it's a Heer reissue. In the pics you can see the 2 eagles one applied over the other. The one above is lighter in color indeed but there is a possibility that this is due to a treatment applied by a collector or something.

The color of the lid is the grey-green color paint used on battleships.

The liner is original to the helmet.

I'm sure the mystery of the decals will be solved using a digital microscope.
    Great photos Don

Phill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast