Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post Your Luftschutz lids!

Article about: Hi guys, a fellow member gave me the idea to start this thread, devoted to the often overlooked LS helmet. A gajillion varieties make this a good field to collect in, especially for a beginn

?

Default Re: Post Your Luftschutz lids!

i might as well throw mine in the ring
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Luftschutz lids!   Post Your Luftschutz lids!  

Post Your Luftschutz lids!   Post Your Luftschutz lids!  

Post Your Luftschutz lids!   Post Your Luftschutz lids!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post Your Luftschutz lids!
    P
    Many

Very nice thread, I am thinking about getting one of these for my collection since it seems they sell for around 300, I have seen two piece and three piece models, also beaded, which one is more rare or the best example to own? I really like the one andrew just posted!

The M42 beaded with decal would be the rare one.
    chris

Here is my well worn example. This was £45 a few months back, a cheap German helmet, I’ve never posted it ,hope the decal ok.
    Good thread showing them altogether.
    Rod
    Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!

Good one no problem,nice it has the chinstrap.
    chris

Well I decided to pick this one up for 150, now I never ever clean or restore any of my helmets, I believe they should be left as found, but Im going to try to spruce this one up since its cheap and has potential, It has a couple dents on the one side that I will try to very carefully hammer out, I will see what I can do with the liner, the string is there but the tounges are torn, so after all that and a good cleaning it should shine up really nice, the decal is all there, It will be a fun project to work on, I will post some before and after photos when Im done, wish me luck lol sorry the photos are messed up.
    Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!

Nice pick-up.
    chris

Well the restoration is complete, wasnt really much work, just smoothed out the dents the best I could, tried to make the liner look presentable and gave it a good cleaning/shine. here are some before and afters which proves I dont know much about posting photos on here lol. but anyway It came out pretty nice and not a bad example for 150 bucks IMO
    Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!Post Your Luftschutz lids!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your Luftschutz lids!   Post Your Luftschutz lids!  

I like it... nicely done!

Looks nice.
    chris

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast