Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post your SOS helmets here!

Article about: Thought a thread dedicated to our SOS finds would be better than mixing them all up in the actual SOS 2015 thread. I was able to fill a lot of holes in my collection this year, thanks in lar

?

Default Post your SOS helmets here!

Thought a thread dedicated to our SOS finds would be better than mixing them all up in the actual SOS 2015 thread.

I was able to fill a lot of holes in my collection this year, thanks in large part to JG selling out (thanks for the tip H2ID!)

Here are my first 10 of 20 helmets.

From the bottom and going clockwise:

M42 Rad/Heer DD
    M17 in WW1 format and top condition and bits of a Mail home sticker on the top
    M35 DD Police 1936 dated Q and an exact lot number twin to the one I already own which I wanted to upgrade
    WW1 size 68 camo with subdued black lines and a cardboard nametag
    Plum/tan M40 wire camo from Paul's great camo book
    KM M40 wire with scrim netting from a zeltbahn and tarnetz, impossible to find scrim camo's, this being a KM makes it even more special
    Early pattern chunky 3 color FJ camo reminiscent of the Willrich postcards featuring that pattern
    Drawstring FJ splintertarn cover in combat condition, size 71 (finally!)
    M18 Ear Cut out in original WW1 paint (but not the early"felt" paint as described by Baer), has a 20's style chinstrap but thats ok for me
    Austrian interwar refurbishment, possibly from the state of Styria with the green state shield painted on the brow.

Attachment 811190

Here are the next 10 of 20 helmets, starting from the bottom clockwise:

Austrian civic squaredip with Austrian elongated party shield and bordered Austrian police decals. Very hard to find. Maker tag in skirt as well!
    Ex-DD Q M35 SS named to Chelmno death camp assistant. A helmet with a heinous past.
    For me the prize pickup - a dead mint Bahnschutzpolizei transitional, blue paintover with decals under the paint. JimG and Al have the twin to this one.
    Black SS "lampshade" hand rendered helmet named, with the copper rivets transitional. Impressive in hand, used to own this one for 10 seconds before Kaz pried it out from my hands in a trade years ago, glad to have it back.
    M35 DD SS triple re-issue, from Heer, to Police to SS, all decals visible, in nice combat condition!
    M35 DD SS EF with the atypical nice dark EF patina, show pickup from a table, had a carry strap on it at one time, perfect Pocher decals, only one of 5 or 6 EF M35 DD SS factory decaled helmets I know of. Thanks Gisle for pointing me to this one!
    M35 DD SS Q ex-Mauthausen helmet, named and eloquently researched. Ex Tom P helmet I bought/traded with Shea right at the end of the show.
    One of my other prize pickups, an M42 ckl wire SS with perfect one looker ET decals. SS Wire helmets are impossible to find, Thanks MS!!!!!
    A 3 color "splotch" camo with golden decal underneath. Some felt it was KM but Anders and I scoped it at the show and we both agree its a toned Heer. Still a killer pattern helmet, bought and delivered right before SOS to the show for me. (Thanks Andy)
    Finally a long sought after M35 swirl camo, probably ex Heer. Hard to find camo pattern.

So yeah, I had a great show. Filled nearly all my holes, thanks to all who pointed me to certain helmets and sold me certain helmets. Best time was the socializing with everyone however, what a great time I had, missing everyone a lot already!

Post up your SOS finds!!! (will do individual threads as time permits)

Attachment 811189

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SOS helmets here!
    P
    Many

I just pee'd my pants!!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

ahhhhhhhh what can I say. Other than any one of these aquistions (as well as any one on the "Wall O Helmets") would be a crown jewel in my collection. No less "filling" a hole.

Your collection is truely amazing
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    I just pee'd my pants!!!!!
    LOL I dont know if that is a compliment or you are just stating you are incontinent. I will take it as a compliment kind sir.

If there is ever an earthquake in Canada Doug is going to have his hands full! lol

?

Most impressive collection Sir.

MAP
    ?

With all due respect to Doug wonderful collection (thanks for showing) and continued propensity to awe us all, in the spirit of his request, I would also love to see what treasures (plain Jane's to one of a kinds) others were able to pick up at the SOS

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Only 20 helmets? tsk, Doug...you're slowing up in your elder age...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

you need to step it up Doug, 20 helmets is pocket change...that's only like 5 times the number of helmets I have

But seriously some very nice helmets

?

Thanks guys, it was a great haul for sure, again a major collection broke up and I got in early and made some other lucky scores.

Yes, post up your SOS helmet finds, I know Todd and Nathan picked up some nice ones and surely other members did as well!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast