Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35

Article about: Hi Guys, a comrade from my re-enactment group would like some opinions on this Heer M35. He has owned it for many years and now wishes to sell, (Car MOT looming) but he would like some hones

Default Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35

Hi Guys, a comrade from my re-enactment group would like some opinions on this Heer M35. He has owned it for many years and now wishes to sell, (Car MOT looming) but he would like some honest opinions on it before he sells. He thinks the liner band is '40 dated.

I have given him my thoughts.

Obviously Ignore the chinstrap and liner drawer string.

He would like a rough idea on value.

Many thanks!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35   Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35  

Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35   Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35  

Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35   Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35  

Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Posting for a friend: Single decal Heer M35
    P
    Many

?

Decal looks like it may be good but I think the liner and chinstrap are reproductions

Going out in a limb, I would say the value over here in the states ( on the east coast ) would be 250- 400 USD ... At auction as is

Hi Adrian , the decal is fine , it is a factory refurbished M35 that has been brought up to 1940 specifications. The liner band is correct for an M35 with the "square" chinstrap bales, I am unsure as to whether the leather component is original though. Could we have some more images of that please both underside and outer. It would make a big difference between a possible £650 helmet to a £300 at best. Leon.

I would concur with Leon. The liner is reproduction and probably the chinstrap.
    Would limit the value to about $300 imo.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

The helmet and decal are good,liner and chinstrap are reproduction.
    150 to 200 Euros

Early liner system (square lugs), wonder if the metal part is original ??

Regards,
    Taka

On the evidence of values given so far, I think as long as his car isn't in too bad a shape I reckon he's sorted!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by SHINDENKAI View Post
    Early liner system (square lugs), wonder if the metal part is original ??

Regards,
    Taka
    Quite right Taka , as I noted in my earlier post. The band looks original and correct to the helmet ,It is just the leather that looks wrong. Leon.

Squared off d-rings can be found on the M40 style steel bands...the frugal Germans used them till supply ran out. Leather looks repro as does chinstrap. Nice dot toed ET eagle. The lid has resto potential.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast