Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Potential first stahlhelm purchase

Article about: Hello I want to purchase my first German helmet and I'm a little concerned about being caught out being a novice and all. I would be really grateful for an expert eye on this particular helm

Thanks for the response Mark. That’s really helpful. I live in Kent so W&P is almost on my doorstep. Not to be this year though. Give “Wharton” and “Currie” militaria a miss too then?

Thank you too Schwerpunkt. You’ve saved me from a big fall it seems.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Potential first stahlhelm purchase
    P
    Many

I suggest friend... delving in hard if you are interested in this hobby (if you just want a WW2 helmet and to be done w it thats a diff story). read up on some forums from days gone by. Familiarize yourself with different types of helms. What decals should be on which. The construction of these and the materials used. Then you'll have more of a sure footing to attack whats out there and make informed purchases. Good of you to post. Saved you some $$$$$
    Z

A great source to start is Schwehrpunkts Website - German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets - helped me a lot when i started!

Quote by Arniebarnie View Post
    Give “Wharton” and “Currie” militaria a miss too then?
    I would only comment on dealers I have experience of. I have bought British cap badges from Wharton and they were exactly as expected. As for other items I couldn't say. I don't recall having anything from Currie so I can't help there.

Have a look here;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...ealers-corner/

The fact that these are listed on WRF counts for something but remember all the other advice too. Even the best most honest dealer can make mistakes. What matters is how they deal with them.
    It's the ones that regulary tout rubbish you need to avoid.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

What is the general thought on Regimentals co UK? On Youtube a lot of their videos have comments about them scamming customers. These posts get deleted shortly afterwards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2