Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-war civic helmet liner question please

Article about: Hi guys and gals, It seems most wartime military helmets had eight leather flaps making-up the liner. Did some pre-war civic helmets have nine smaller flaps? I ask because I've seen some for

?

Default Pre-war civic helmet liner question please

Hi guys and gals,
    It seems most wartime military helmets had eight leather flaps making-up the liner. Did some pre-war civic helmets have nine smaller flaps? I ask because I've seen some for sale in various places but was surprised to count nine!

Thank you,
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-war civic helmet liner question please
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

As you probably know, there are many many styles of liners in Civic helmets versus the single type on combat helmets.

I can't say for sure if I remember seeing a Civic liner with nine tongues, it would not surprise me. Even on combat helmets size 68 you had nine tongues.

Were these helmets you reference large in size as well?
    Last edited by MAP; 02-07-2019 at 03:05 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sellers aren't mentioning size, per se, unfortunately. But thank you for the information. I wrongly thought most or all German liners had eight. I learn something every day here!!
    Thank you!!! Dave

MAP
    ?

Check this one out.

M35 se 68 police 1936

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

YEOWZA! Nice helmet! Definitely a fake with those nine tongues! (Kidding!!!)

Nice to re-hash my police M.
    Nine tongues is often seen on a 60-61 liner in a 68 shell. It can also be observed in a 66 shell holding a 58-59 liner. But most often we see 8 & 1/2 tongues in a 66 shell. So just depends on the cut of the leather pattern
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nice to re-hash my police M.
    Nine tongues is often seen on a 60-61 liner in a 68 shell. It can also be observed in a 66 shell holding a 58-59 liner. But most often we see 8 & 1/2 tongues in a 66 shell. So just depends on the cut of the leather pattern
    D.

If I'm going to use an example, why not show the BEST example I can remember!