Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Price enquiry on German helmets

Article about: Hello! I'm from Brazil and i'm 15 years old. Here, ww2 helmets are really expensive and i'd like to know how much cost, in average, how much is a german helmet in your country? thank you Mat

Default Price enquiry on German helmets

Hello!
    I'm from Brazil and i'm 15 years old. Here, ww2 helmets are really expensive and i'd like to know how much cost, in average, how much is a german helmet in your country? thank you
    Matheus Consone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Price enquiry on German helmets
    P
    Many

?

hard question, 4,5 6 hundred, depends what lid,

Default Re: Price enquiry on German helmets

It all comes down to the condition, what type of helmet it is, if it is all orignal parts, what decals/if any are on it etc etc. Helmets can been found from £10 for a relic, up to many thousands of pounds for helmets such as those used by the SS. Its a subject that needs to be very well researched due to the massive amount of fakes currently on the market, if you are planning to buy something the best idea would be to get good clear photographs and get some of the people on here to have a look at it, just to make sure you dont get ripped off and end up with a fake

Thanks and welcome to the forum

Danny

?

Welcome to the forum!

In the US, German lids can range from $200 for a Luftschutz helmet up to $15,000 for an SS lid. Standard single or no decal lids can vary, as TUFC said from $300 on up. Ground dug relic helmets you may be able to buy at a bargain.

If helmets are what you intend on collecting, you may want to start with the US M1 helmet. You can find some really good deals out there as the prices aren't outrageous yet, but are starting to climb. Make sure you do your homework first as there are variations in these helmets depending on the year of manufacture or it's purpose. There are a lot of people out there who see a young collector (or old, who am I kidding) coming and try to sell them a helmet that isn't completely authentic because they know they can easily rip them off. If you know your stuff beforehand, then you'll be in good shape.

If German WWII helmets is REALLY what you want your main focus to be, you definitely need to save up your money for a good example. Again, make sure you do your homework as there are tons of fakes out there. More so than any style of helmet.

This forum is an excellent learning tool with tons of photos, information and people who are experts on helmets of all nations and wars. Don't hestiate to ask questions on here and never rush into purcahsing an item unless your 100% sure it's the real deal. Good luck in your hunt!

?

Like anything price depends on condition, desirability, rarity and collector demand.

pretty much as the others have been saying.. German helmet collecting is a HUGE subject and so many things can affect the helmet's value.. my advice is look through this forum, study, read books, and post pics of any itmes you want to buy if your unsure.
    Good luck!

Regards,
    Finn

Thank you very much guys! You know, here, one common heer helmet cost something around 5000 reais (2000 dolars)! I think that it is an absurd price for a such common tipe.
    Sorry for my awful english...