Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Article about: by KradSpam If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather. I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look

?

Default Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Ok I need help on this one. (For starters I am new to helmet collecting but I have learned some already)

I bought this M35 DD on a real auction today (by real I mean there was a guy in the room with a hammer and you put your hand up to bid)
    I looked at it on Friday and took these pics, they are not so good but it is what I got and what I thought I needed.
    Today I decided on a maximum bid and I waited for the helmet to be called out. To my surprise the auction guy said "blablabla... and I know for a fact this is a so called Kriegsmarine helmet"

When I looked at it on friday I thought at first it might be, but looking at the decal I was 99% sure it was not. I asked the guy if he was sure and he said "- Yes". I said "-Are you 100% sure"... -"Yes"

Based on this info I decided to raise my maximum bid and I won the auction.

So what now?

I will pick up the helmet tomorrow and I am still quite sure it is a really nice M35 DD, but it is not a Kreigsmarine. I will need prof of some sort to show them that they were wrong and try to get it for a lower price. The auction place is closed down so they will not have any more actions ever. I thought this would be a good bargain leverage.

What you guys think?
    There is a genuine bullet hole in the back of the helmet, bullet came from an angle so I think the soldier was fine. No sign of blood and the liner is original since you see the bullet going through it also.

Help... and thanks for reading.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

Hi, the helmet itself is a beautiful genuine piece.
    A lovely original.
    If i understood correctly, your problem is showing that is not a Kriegsmarine example, in order to get it cheaper?

I dont think it is KM. Please take straight on pics of the decals.

Haaaa , I love the "real guy with a hammer bit!! All that aside I think you have a cracking double decal M35 HEER there my friend. Great ET decals , nice wear and I would say for once , a genuine bit of battlefield damage!! Well done "ol bean!" Leon.

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi, the helmet itself is a beautiful genuine piece.
    A lovely original.
    If i understood correctly, your problem is showing that is not a Kriegsmarine example, in order to get it cheaper?
    Well yes and no. When he was so sure I got unsure due to my lack of experience. If you tell me that it is a KM I will gladly pay my final bid, but if it's not I don't think it's fair. What do you think?

I guess I have the option to walk away if I tell them I think they are wrong. I also don't know how they will react to this.

not a k.marine eagle.

?

Could you please elaborate why it's not a KM.
    If you don't want to post here could you send me a PM.

I need to tell them specifics and show them why its not KM. I know about the shadow effect and gold flake look. But if you look at it in the sun it actually looks a little gold flaky. But when you see it in the shade you clearly see it's not gold.

Quote by mpnox View Post
    Well yes and no. When he was so sure I got unsure due to my lack of experience. If you tell me that it is a KM I will gladly pay my final bid, but if it's not I don't think it's fair. What do you think?

I guess I have the option to walk away if I tell them I think they are wrong. I also don't know how they will react to this.
    In my opinion i think its a Heer toned decal, not Kriegsmarine.
    I agree with all replys.

Im sure all of us, want for you to get the helmet, so wait for a few more replys.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I dont think it is KM. Please take straight on pics of the decals.
    Yes I know, sorry about the bad pics but I had to shoot it at the auction place and the sun is a bitch.
    I cant get the lid home before I pay it so I can't take any pics before I do... a real catch 22!

?

mpnox, you may well find these threads of interest:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...ne-decal-8143/

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel-...-or-heer-6763/

Good luck,

Regards,

Carl

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast