Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Article about: by KradSpam If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather. I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look

Hi , it's not KM as the decal is not dark gold in colour, it does not show a "black border" around the adler and the swastika shows no sign of the "3d" effect either that a KM would have. It is a good toned HEER decal , the toned colour comes from a laquer that was originally applied to the decal to help seal it down and has altered the look over time. Leon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

The only question here, seems to be the price differences.
    Because the helmet itself is just superb in every way, everything absolutely correct and with genuine battle damage.
    I love it.

I agree with Leon's assessment above 100%...It couldn't be said much clearer, in my opinion.
    cheers, Glenn

?

The auctioneers have called it a Kriegsmarine to enhance the price based upon the white decal is no longer white but toned to a yellowish colour.

The members here have given you the information you need to see it for what it is. If you paid a price that is acceptable for a Heer double decal then no problem. If you paid an inflated priced because the seller thought it was something different you should perhaps walk away although I'm not sure how things would stand legally and if, by bidding, you entered a binding agreement.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , it's not KM as the decal is not dark gold in colour, it does not show a "black border" around the adler and the swastika shows no sign of the "3d" effect either that a KM would have. It is a good toned HEER decal , the toned colour comes from a laquer that was originally applied to the decal to help seal it down and has altered the look over time. Leon
    Thank you!
    I will try and convince them with your facts and bring some good reference pictures. I'm sure they will accept my opinion since I think they are in no way any experts.
    I don't know where he got the KM info from but my theory is some called and asked if it looks like gold. For a non expert it does.

So how much should I lower my price. My guess is that a KM is worth what 2 or 3 times the non KM? So maybe half my top bid is reasonable?

What did you pay mate? As it looks a genuine battle damaged DD HEER M35 I would happily give around the £1000 mark , maybe more as the chinstrap is a corker as well!! Leon.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The auctioneers have called it a Kriegsmarine to enhance the price based upon the white decal is no longer white but toned to a yellowish colour.

The members here have given you the information you need to see it for what it is. If you paid a price that is acceptable for a Heer double decal then no problem. If you paid an inflated priced because the seller thought it was something different you should perhaps walk away although I'm not sure how things would stand legally and if, by bidding, you entered a binding agreement.
    Thank you!
    Well in my opinion the price was evidently inflated since I did that my self.
    I think I stand on good ground since I also asked if he was sure. I do believe they can be reasoned with since they are closing the place down and they are in no way experts in the area.

What is a reasonable price then?

Personally, I don't think it is proper to ask the Forum Membership to do your haggling for you...
    But that's just my opinion now that you have the information you originally sought...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    What did you pay mate? As it looks a genuine battle damaged DD HEER M35 I would happily give around the £1000 mark , maybe more as the chinstrap is a corker as well!! Leon.
    Oh thanks, you answered my last question.
    Well I will let you know tomorrow where the price ended. I really love it as well and fortunately I have now found two helmets that I think is great in a very shorty time.

?

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Personally, I don't think it is proper to ask the Forum Membership to do your haggling for you...
    But that's just my opinion now that you have the information you originally sought...
    cheers, Glenn
    Respect you opinion and that was not my intention.
    I am very new to this helmet collecting and I live in a country where these things don't turn up so very often. With my inexperience I just wanted to know I am in the right price range.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast