Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Article about: by KradSpam If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather. I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look

Here is another double decal KM, ET shell, in far worse shape than the other one, but the ridges and deep gold color are still very evident..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine   Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine   Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

These are ET HEER helmets, 2 double decals, and the last one is an M35 reissue with a very toned Heer adler.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine   Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine  

?

I have to agree with all the comments
    ,Heer decal ,and I also agree with Doug B, very doubtful regarding battlefield damage,in fact I was thinking more likely this has been hit with a sharp object, like a pick axe,which was common after the war prior to complete destruction via meltdown for steel

Sometimes, auctions can be good places to find bargains - especially when they
    are listed incorrectly. If you got a good deal, you should be happy.

If you did not research the lid to find out exactly what it was prior to bidding,
    or placed an unreasonably high bid, that is your own fault. The auction
    house should be willing to accept that they made an error, but they
    may not give refunds.........
    Regards,

Steve.

In most cases, auctions are "as-is" and "buyer beware" and rarely offer refunds for anything. Once sold-it's yours. At least with online auctions, if you pay with PayPal, sometimes you can request a refund and they will honor it,but if the seller is in a distant foreign country, usually not. I've seen some people get Terribly burnt by both kinds of sales...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The helmet you show is a nice Heer M-35 that is all it is you can see some of the Heer silver still left on it the guys are all 100 percent correct. I have a toned heer shell very similar. timothy

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Sometimes, auctions can be good places to find bargains - especially when they
    are listed incorrectly. If you got a good deal, you should be happy.

If you did not research the lid to find out exactly what it was prior to bidding,
    or placed an unreasonably high bid, that is your own fault. The auction
    house should be willing to accept that they made an error, but they
    may not give refunds.........
    I think that when he said he was 100% sure it was a KM and it's not he needs to take responsibility for that statement.
    Otherwise he should have said "I BELIEVE it is a KM".
    I will talk to them later today, it will be interesting.

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    I have to agree with all the comments
    ,Heer decal ,and I also agree with Doug B, very doubtful regarding battlefield damage,in fact I was thinking more likely this has been hit with a sharp object, like a pick axe,which was common after the war prior to complete destruction via meltdown for steel
    I don't know really so much about the damage in the back. I did not get any good pics on the hole so it is really hard to get a good view of it.
    When I held the lid in my hands it sure looks like a bullet hit the shell.
    I will take detailed pictures and start a new thread on it if I get it home tonight.

[QUOTE=mpnox;967220]I think that when he said he was 100% sure it was a KM and it's not he needs to take responsibility for that statement.

I agree. If an auctioneer makes an affirmative representation I believe he or she should stand by it. That is why I posted the examples of real KM's to help out.

If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast