MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine

Article about: by KradSpam If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather. I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather.
    I think there is a part of the liner cut out. Will take a better look at it later. Right now it may be anything from a bullet in battle to target practice or shrapnel.
    You can clearly see it came a sharp angle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prove it is not a M35 DD Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

I highly doubt any auction service would offer a refund, even if it was an inaccurate description on their part. It's a stretch but maybe under some law of your country it could be deemed as misleading, but auctions are usually a different animal. They are an auction house, not a dealer. Ultimately it's your responsibility to know what you're bidding on. Sorry about your luck! Still a good helmet if the price was right. What was the "hammer" price?

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I highly doubt any auction service would offer a refund, even if it was an inaccurate description on their part. It's a stretch but maybe under some law of your country it could be deemed as misleading, but auctions are usually a different animal. They are an auction house, not a dealer. Ultimately it's your responsibility to know what you're bidding on. Sorry about your luck! Still a good helmet if the price was right. What was the "hammer" price?
    I am certain I have a right to walk away from the whole thing without any problems. Here the consumer is much more protected than the company that sells the product (in general).
    If there is a fault on the item that you should reasonably notice examining it it's your own fault (i.e if a lamp is broken and it is clearly visible), then you have to buy it. But in this case the auctioneer specifically pointed out that he was sure it was something it was not.
    I am quite sure he did not do this intentionally in any way, he really thought it was a KM so it's really no ones fault. I also have a feeling they are very reasonable.

There is some more to the whole story about the auction house, I'll tell you about it all later.
    I can tell you soon how this story ends, going there now...

I hope for your sake it works out. My philosophy is not to expect much so when it does turn out your way, you will be pleasantly surprised, lol. Im anxious to see how it goes. Good luck!

?

So how did it go...

I now have the lid in my hands. I went there and talked to the auctioneer and he did actually know some things about German helmets.
    But when I started to talk about the helmets and the differences between a toned Heer and a real KM I guess he believed me.
    He did not ask to see more proof, I did not show him the photos he took my word for it.
    But when it got to the price he did not want to go down as much as I wanted, but I think I still made a good price.
    He cut about 15% off and I was happy with that.

Thank you all for your comments and support and thanks for the pricing info. I needed that to know if I should just walk away or still take the price he offered.

Now I can move on and I will upload some pics of my new M35 DD Heer in a few minutes...

Fantastic! That's certainly good news. Glad it worked out for you. I was expecting disappointment but not so.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    If it had been damaged during fighting you would expect to see a great deal of blood damage to the leather.
    Agreed.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Fantastic! That's certainly good news. Glad it worked out for you. I was expecting disappointment but not so.
    Ditto to that

Brad.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5