Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q M35 DD Luft

Article about: postie brought me this today (and a KM M40) and inside pics

Default Q M35 DD Luft

postie brought me this today (and a KM M40)

Q M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD Luft

and inside picsQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD Luft

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q M35 DD Luft
    P
    Many

Outside sunny piocs (for a change it's not raining !!! ) this was is very heavy maybe its concrete

Q M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD LuftQ M35 DD Luft

I would be less inclined to make a comment about this one. Although I have a little knowledge on German helmets, I am by no means an expert. I preferred the other one.

At best it's another messed with helmet, in my eyes anyway. Decals look dug out. Not one I would sink my money into.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    At best it's another messed with helmet, in my eyes anyway. Decals look dug out. Not one I would sink my money into.
    A little bit late for that,must have been repainted as well seeing as the paint overlaps the national shield,maybe rough textured field applied and then de-nazified later ??

So are we saying its all crap,should i be going back to the seller (the last one i got off him you all said it was good ??) if you click on the national shield pic there is paint overlap so are we saying that the decals have been dug out and then repainted??. I posted this (and the KM for opinions) with nearly 300 views between them and 3 replies i am guessing you all think they aren't good.

Quote by magneto View Post
    So are we saying its all crap,should i be going back to the seller (the last one i got off him you all said it was good ??) if you click on the national shield pic there is paint overlap so are we saying that the decals have been dug out and then repainted??. I posted this (and the KM for opinions) with nearly 300 views between them and 3 replies i am guessing you all think they aren't good.
    Not everybody who looks at your helmets is going to leave a reply... Everybody looks to see what they are like, but only some may be comfortable enough to leave a reply. This can be down to the amount of knowledge on the subject, and they don't want to put you off your purchase just be cause they themselves do not like it. I have been dabbling in militaria for more years than I care to think about. I know most of the pointers to a good or a bad German helmet, but I am certainly no expert on the matter. Sometimes collectors go with their gut instinct and get it badly wrong. Other times they go on well meaning advice and STILL get it wrong! For myself, I am happier when dealing with WW1 machine-guns, and that is where my knowledge lies (or did).

I said that I would be less inclined to make a comment about your double decal helmet. And the reason for that was in my own opinion it looked messed about with and it looked a bit contrived in appearance. That isn't to say that I am correct. It is only what I personally feel. If you are unhappy about the lack of response then perhaps you shouldn't have posted pictures of the helmet on the website in the first place, and then you could have owned it in ignorant bliss of potential faults. I have often posted items of interest and got no response at all. It just happens to be the way things work from time to time.

This is only my opinion on these things, and many would argue differently. But there are probably helmets and other items of historical interest that have been completely trashed by some of the members of this forum without any real reason other than their own lack of knowledge. There are many experts on militaria who give good advice on this forum, and then you get some who just think they are experts. It is up to you which advice you listen to, but never get despondent by the lack of replies.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Steve ,Thanks for your well thought and written reply it is appreciated. I am like you i don't profess to have a lot of "knowledge" and have only been collecting again since November last year (before that i was a teenager and i'm now 50 !! ) and there just wasn't the prolifcation that there is now with fakes. I have got broad shoulders if its a dud then so be it, at least we can all learn something or put our knowledge to good use in the future. I'm certainly not going to argue with the vast amount of knowledge and experiance on here and that is not the purpose of this post.

I know that the Adler is all but gone, under the loupe the national shield displays the same characteristics as my other DD but has painted brush strokes over the edge of it. Now the paint in my eyes looks good and obviously has been put over the rough cammo effect , do other members have the same type of effect ?,do we think it is wartime applied or post war,any way of telling??. I have a copy of the Brian ice book and the lot number comes up as a DD luft with a RAB liner band. So based on that I bit the bullet, interesting for sure .

Regards Bob.

?

Harry is right, I viewed the thread only because i wanted to see pictures and perhaps learn good helmets from bad. I can not offer any verdict to yours but I wanted to check it out anyway. I will say there appears to be a smooth area around each of the decals compared to the rest of the helmet like helmetone was saying

Thanks Daniel, I would be just like you,it is fascinating reading opinions and how folk come to that conclusion...

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast