Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Q64 M40 Luftwaffe Helmet

Article about: I made a previous thread on this helmet but wanted to do a quick update here as I finally got the helmet after weeks of waiting. I got this Luftwaffe M40 for a great price so am more than ha

MAP
    ?

It's fine IMHO.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q64 M40 Luftwaffe Helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    It's fine IMHO.
    I believe so too, I’m just curious how it came loose. I don’t know if age or wear could make these pins loose perhaps?

MAP
    ?

If the liner pins haven't been messed with, the do loosen due to age. It's also possible then it was installed originally the person didn't do it correctly. There could be any number of possibilities.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That liner is practically welded to the shell. From the 2 pics provided...there are no tell-tale signs of being replaced. I would not worry for a second on this one. Pins can shake loose anytime for many reasons as Map said
    David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2