Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Q66 Afrika/Med M40

Article about: Hi Chaps. I picked this up the other week for a song, mainly because it was a Quist, and totally ignored the camo. So I'm just after a few opinions. It's a nice Q66 M40, but what about the p

They aren't always pink hued but most good ones show hard combat use and real combat wear. Look for an M35 with multiple coats of paint--lots of paint off the crown and a salty liner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 Afrika/Med M40
    P
    Many

The killer here is the repeated wear marks.

Cheers lads. But I'm still not convinced> How can anyone tell where or what conditions a piece of headgear has been through? Wear marks, Hard combat use, Real combat wear? It all comes down to the fact that we do not really know. Whoever did the job on this helmet, did a very good job, be it post war or period, it's still a nice Quist that didn't burn a hole in the wallet.
    Please don't get me wrong Chaps, It's appreciated, but I also know that helmets like this are being passed around the market, and being sold for mega bucks.
    As for this one? I'm going to take all the paint off, repaint it and stick a fake decal on, and sell it as an M40 SS Q66. I could probably make a few more quid than it being an Afrika/Med camo.
    Lovely jubbly!
    Cheers Chaps.
    Atb

?

So you,ll be selling it as a complete refurbished, modern restored ,modern paint, fake decal, SS M40, and hope to make money????

Who me? I think it will be staying in the collection Dave. Just nice to get my hands on a Quist for next to no money mate, and it looks good regardless.
    Of course, if I'm hard up for the odd penny or two, I could always offer it to one or two unscrupulous dealers, who would undoubtably earn a mint out of it!!

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I get your point entirely although I would personally prefer Ingrid Bergman or Audrey Hepburn (other than my wife of course!!) Leon.
    Oh well, I prefer mine to have a pulse, but if that's the bag you're into who am I to criticise??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Trouble is tho Ned, that one with a pulse would cost me about 10 times what I got this one for.
    Atb

I think he is talking about the women. A real woman with a pulse will cost way more than 10 times any helmet!

It would be tough to get repeated parallel scratches all over a helmet through natural wear mate, think about it. They are all pretty much identical so it's a safe bet they were all done at the same time with the same tool. It's a pattern seen very very often in fakes. Whipping with a bike chain would be one simple explanation.

Quote by Mark Tuson View Post
    Who me? I think it will be staying in the collection Dave. Just nice to get my hands on a Quist for next to no money mate, and it looks good regardless.
    Of course, if I'm hard up for the odd penny or two, I could always offer it to one or two unscrupulous dealers, who would undoubtably earn a mint out of it!!
    With all due respect, you're making way too much to do over a 'Q' M40 which they made till wars end and are plentiful! However, yours doesn't appear to be 'original' from the pix posted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast