Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q66 M35 police helmet

Article about: I have never seen an M35/40, other then a beaded example, with a civil padded liner such as this. Not saying they don't exist, they probably do, just saying that I have never seen one. Corey

?

Default Q66 M35 police helmet

Hi guys,

I was offered this police helmet by a German guy who I bought some helmets from before. This one is a Q m35 and I was wondering about the liner system. Was there ever seen any liners like these in an m35 helmet? I thought they were only seen in the M34 helmet + some different civil helmets. I have no intension of buying this one so I haven’t even asked for better pictures of the decals. Those he sent were that bad that I won’t even posting them

But I would like to know if someone have info about the liner?

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 M35 police helmet   Q66 M35 police helmet  

Q66 M35 police helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 M35 police helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Q66 M35 police helmet

Hello,

It looks like an M40 to me. I think paint, liner, decals are all post war added.

Corey

?

Yeah I thought so to that it was an m40. When you take a look at the air vents it looks like it but seller claims it is m35. Anyway you are probably right about it all being postwar. Decals surely doesn’t looks to convincing, even from that distance.

Cheers Alex

It's best to wait for more opinions. This is the first non-beaded M40 I have come across with one of the civil liners and pad. Also, the cork spacers of this style are new to me. They are normally rectangular.

Corey

See if you can get close pics of the decals, but I'm not yet convinced on this one. Liner system could be good. Maybe a post war used helmet with repro decals.

Hmm, strangely enough that paint loss does look like one of my old M34's. Upon a closer inspection, the paint is quite convincing. I may have been wrong with my first opinion. Does anybody have an M34 they can post to compare the paint? Still I think the liner is post war applied.

Corey

?

It's best to wait for more opinions. This is the first non-beaded M40 I have come across with one of the civil liners and pad. Also, the cork spacers of this style are new to me. They are normally rectangular.
    -Exactly, the same with me. Never seen it before and the reason why I ask :- )

Don’t even want to bother the seller with questions about the decals because I am not interested in the helmet. At least not for those 650 eur he wants for it.. Here are those pictures he sent with the rest of the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 M35 police helmet   Q66 M35 police helmet  

Q66 M35 police helmet  

650 EUR?? Wow, no, definitely NOT worth that, even if it was all 100% original. I'd walk too. And the wear on the helmet does not match the wear....or lack of wear...on the liner. Liner almost looks brand new. Also, isn't it unusual for the liner not to be stitched where it overlaps? I've attached a square dip helmet with a similar liner, but it's stitched.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 M35 police helmet  

?

Haha, yeah you wasn't the only one that got a chock hearing that price.

But like I tried to say I just wanted to hear about if there ever was m/35 helmets with this kind of liner system. I didn’t think so but if someone could tell me I was wrong I would like to know :-)

?

Also, isn't it unusual for the liner not to be stitched where it overlaps? I've attached a square dip helmet with a similar liner, but it's stitched.
    Yep, sure is.. Maybe the factory was out of leash to stitch it that day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast