Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q66 M35 SD Heer

Article about: I picked this beauty up at a show yesterday, eager to finally have a nice heer decal. I thought it was Kreigsmarine at first, but my good friend Jarret pumped the brakes, and introduced the

Default Q66 M35 SD Heer

I picked this beauty up at a show yesterday, eager to finally have a nice heer decal. I thought it was Kreigsmarine at first, but my good friend Jarret pumped the brakes, and introduced the likely possibility that it's a really toned Heer decal. Oh well.

It's a large Q66, Lot number 31179 (9 is very hard to see), and the paint is smooth as smooth can be. No sign of a tricolor anywhere. The liner seems to be a replacement, whether wartime or not, is debatable. I think the band is 1944 dated, but it's really hard to see since it's almost flush with the helmet. The split pins are not bent twice, so that's a plus I suppose.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it, and it looks nice next to my Luft M35.

Q66 M35 SD HeerQ66 M35 SD HeerQ66 M35 SD HeerQ66 M35 SD HeerQ66 M35 SD HeerQ66 M35 SD Heer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 M35 SD Heer
    P
    Many

An interesting helmet Rusty and a bit of a head scratcher Obviously heavily scrubbed but not unusual….The gold in the decal looks very uniform despite an obvious lack of heavy lacquer application and almost appears to have a ridge around the eagles head and wings? Not unusual to see a KM without a nat shield either. However, I thought Quist only produced M40 KM’s but could be wrong.

Andy

SE's also produced M40's i believe....... one of their "traits" is the corners flake off of the decals

Forgive me my ignorance, but I wonder why this helmet has no rough paint as due to 1940 regulations only one decal together with rough paint was the standard ? Correct me...

If there ever was a Tricolor, they did a fantastic job of removing it, because I just can't say for sure that there are any signs that one used to be there.

The decal is pretty uniform in color, and under magnification, I don't see any silver. But who knows.

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    If there ever was a Tricolor, they did a fantastic job of removing it, because I just can't say for sure that there are any signs that one used to be there.

The decal is pretty uniform in color, and under magnification, I don't see any silver. But who knows.
    Are you able to get a side on closeups of the area where the national shield would be. That area looks a little cleaner and almost as if there is a line? In hand, does the paint look like a feldgrau? In a couple of the photos the rivets almost make it look like an M40.
    Q66 M35 SD Heer

- - ------- - -

Oh, and can you see the liner band date? Looks like 194?

I'll post pics when I get back from work tomorrow morning. The paint looks like feldgrau, but looks green under certain lighting.

Call me crazy, but is it a Bigfoot decal?

MAP
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    Call me crazy, but is it a Bigfoot decal?
    Yes. A toned Heer to me.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast