MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Q66 or Q68

Article about: My Luftwaffe helmet did not sell in the classifieds so I sent the helmet to Dave at ww2 german helmets. The helmet was post as a q66 I could have sworn it was a 68. I pull pictures from a ol

MAP
    ?

Too bad you don't have in hand. A little rub with a sponge or some powder would probably clear it up. Maybe look at other Q66 M40 lids here for comparison?

Did you ask Dave to double check
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q66 or Q68
    P
    Many

I just sent him a email, hope to hear from him in the morning. I do not think it will affect the asking price but I would like to know for my sanity. I did chalk it when I had it,that is why I was sure it was a 68, I have been wrong before. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

At first glance I too thought it was 68 but after I expanded the photo it looked like a 66. But still not 100% sure for me. I think Terry point however is correct.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like 68 to me.

Blew it up, sharpened it, the second digit looks identical to the first one at high magnification.

Default Q 66

looks like a Q 66 to me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q66 or Q68  

All this suspense is killing me.

How many more want a go???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dave sent me a email this morning? "Trust me on this. It’s a 66. Plus it is not big in like a 68, and the liner is 59. If it were a 68 the liner would have to be a 60 or 61."

Thanks, Dave

I guess that is the end of the disscussion.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

66/68, what's Revolver to The White album between friends? It's all in the head!! Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2