Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Question about helmet sites.

Article about: Hello. I'm new to this forum, and i'd like to start collecting. I'm not completely new, i've been looking for a decent helmet for 1-2 years now. I've also gotten a book about the different t

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Felsenwolf - what country are you based in?
    I'm in UK and I've found Parade Antiques to be honest and trustworthy.
    I also think Ratisbon's is good too - they shipped from Germany to UK in just a few days. They also look to me to have genuine items (or are VERY clear if they are not).
    On advantage of EU - no customs duty (or holdups).

If you PM me i'll send you my complete list of sites (the good, the bad and the ugly).

Nick
    Hi Nick.

I live in Sweden, so i that is an advantage when it comes to dealers within the EU. I will check out Ratisbon and Parade anitques. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about helmet sites.
    P
    Many

PM sent with the full list

Get familiar with real helmets from those posted here as well as handling them too. A reputable trader should not only seek to accurately describe items they sell but should also offer full refunds if the buyer is not completely happy (in my mind anyway).

Welcome to helmet collecting! Try our own classifieds section here! Some nice helmets available there from the members. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Welcome to helmet collecting! Try our own classifieds section here! Some nice helmets available there from the members. Leon.
    Well said
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Fact is that most dealers have zombie inventory so wherever you buy make sure to run it by the forum first.
    I can't recommend a single EU dealer , a lot of crooks amongst them.

I agree with the above the classifieds section is a good place to buy from.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Fact is that most dealers have zombie inventory so wherever you buy make sure to run it by the forum first.
    I can't recommend a single EU dealer , a lot of crooks amongst them.

I agree with the above the classifieds section is a good place to buy from.
    Thank you Schwerpunkt. I assume "Zombie inventory" is fakes mixed with the original items? Also, of course, the forum seems to be a huge help when purchasing items. and the forum also has very nice items, so if a fitting items gets put up there i will consider to purchase it.

Also, thanks for all the suggestions.

And of course a thank you to HoundsTooth for the list of sites.

MAP
    ?

Check out post #4 of this thread. All US dealers. All well recommended (I have purchased top quality helmets from Ken B and Itailian War Front. Ken N has pretty much written THE book on German helmets, Paul M and Mike D are very reputable as well...

Australia Helmet Dealers

But as Frank said, don't take what is posted as gospel. Always seek opinions before you buy
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Felsenwolf View Post
    I assume "Zombie inventory" is fakes mixed with the original items?
    I had to google it - I believe it is 'dead' stock you can't shift - could be fakes, poor quality items etc...
    Apparently it can also be stock that is on the books but not on the shelf - so you post up nice quality helmets, but they don't exist and can't be purchased.

Either way, it's a bad thing. I think Frank has a point in that there does seem to be a lot of sites with poor quality or fake helmets.
    But good items can be found - if you're patient and look hard. And of course the classified advertisements on here are work checking too.
    nick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast