Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question about Luftschutz helmet.

Article about: Hi,, my name is Khaled, I am new member here hope to get information from your experience about this helmet which is my first helmet by the way ! ( I hope its not fake ) I am interested on W

Thank you to those who explained the problems with the decal. No one learns anything from statements such "it is fake" or "it is bad".
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question about Luftschutz helmet.
    P
    Many

Bob, I agree, but the collector has a responsibility to do some homework as well. This is not directed to Khaled, but to those whose repeatedly post bad helmets and demonstrate no initiative on their own to learn. I hope that this experience does not discourage Khaled, and I encourage him to pursue the hobby - it is a really interesting way to learn about history. Regarding the helmet that started the thread, Khaled did some homework and recognized that the liner was not French. It is, in fact Czech, as is the shell by the way. The comb is similar to those on French M26 shells, but the shell is not French. The seller obviously misidentified it and took advantage of a new collector. For Khaled, here is a real M26 Luftschutz reissue for comparison. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about Luftschutz helmet.   Question about Luftschutz helmet.  

Question about Luftschutz helmet.   Question about Luftschutz helmet.  

Last edited by helmet2id; 08-04-2016 at 03:03 AM.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Bob, I agree, but the collector has a responsibility to do some homework as well. This is not directed to Khaled, but to those whose repeatedly post bad helmets and demonstrate no initiative on their own to learn. I hope that this experience does not discourage Khaled, and I encourage him to pursue the hobby - it is a really interesting way to learn about history. Regarding the helmet that started the thread, Khaled did some homework and recognized that the liner was not French. It is, in fact Czech, as is the shell by the way. The comb is similar to those on French M26 shells, but the shell is not French. The seller obviously misidentified it and took advantage of a new collector. For Khaled, here is a real here is a real M26 Luftschutz reissue for comparison. Jim G.
    Jim-
    I could not agree more. There are too many lazy collectors who want someone else to do their research for them.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2