Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Quist helmet with odd rim. Is it really WW2 ???

Article about: Hello, this is a Quist helmet. The rim seems to be in a little part something odd. Anyone can tell me please if this shell is a really WW2 german shell. Help very much appreciated.

?

Default Quist helmet with odd rim. Is it really WW2 ???

Hello, this is a Quist helmet. The rim seems to be in a little part something odd. Anyone can tell me please if this shell is a really WW2 german shell. Help very much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist helmet with odd rim. Is it really WW2 ???
    P
    Many

Post-war BGS shell? This going by the size of the vents... no expert but that's what I think of when seeing this particular characteristic at least.

?

To me the vent hole looks odd but maybe it's just the pic? Looks very big for a M40/

Regards, Lars

?

The size of the vents are 1,6 mulimiters and inside the hole itsef is 0,50 mulimeters. The batch number coud be 99810 which could be good in brian Ice.

?

All Post war manufactured BGS helmets had only the Q64 stamp in the rear, not on the side like this one. Also, the post war made shells had no lot number.

PG-

?

Datrus, Slados and Paul G. Thanks for your help. Just in case as I did before I put another perspective of the vent hole for comparision. You just would say I am crazy regarding this helmet, but really want to find out more about it.
    Really really thanks to all, and if you have any opinion, wellcome. Carlos

?

Photo from the vent hole -Quist helmet-

Seeing the posts by the others I guess the "big" vent is just an optical illusion --- looks more "normal" in that last shot, especially with the added pins... I think that's what threw me off. How high did these Quist M40 lot numbers go?