Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quist M42 DN546

Article about: Gday, I picked up this Q at the end of last year at a local antique shop. I believe the paint is correct as it looks very similar to other late war Quist M40's I have seen. The pins look unt

4md
    ?

Default Quist M42 DN546

Gday, I picked up this Q at the end of last year at a local antique shop. I believe the paint is correct as it looks very similar to other late war Quist M40's I have seen. The pins look untouched and the liner is dated 1943 although it is very hard to read.
    Unfortunately the leather has dry rotted out of the liner and now has to be stored separately. The leather looks to have had very little use so the rotting may come from bad storage. I sat the leather in the liner so you could see what it looked like, you will see flakes on the bottom of the helmet which will give you an idea of the condition of the leather.

I think the inscription in the back is post war hard to tell?

So hopefully I have a late war Quist m42 with original paint and liner, what do you guys think?

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M42 DN546   Quist M42 DN546  

Quist M42 DN546   Quist M42 DN546  

Quist M42 DN546  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M42 DN546
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

more pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M42 DN546   Quist M42 DN546  

?

Thats what she looks like, a nice late war Q M42, too bad about the liner.

Weird inscription in the skirt.

4md
    ?

yeah the inscription is a bit strange, someone may have tried to make a no decal look like a mail home helmet to sex it up a bit, Im thinking of trying to remove it but I don't want to damage the original paint

?

Quote by 4md View Post
    yeah the inscription is a bit strange, someone may have tried to make a no decal look like a mail home helmet to sex it up a bit, Im thinking of trying to remove it but I don't want to damage the original paint
    I would leave it as is, its part of the helmets history now whatever it may be. Honestly I was thinking perhaps it was given post war by the vet to his young nephew who admired the helmet as a kid. Romantic story I know but thats my story and I am sticking to it LOL.

Hi, it all looks in order as you say, a shame about the liner but there's nothing to be done about that now. Leon.

Wow, that's a rare helmet. Nice find!

Lovely helmet! seeing it was locally acquired it could have been a RAAF bring back?

Liner demise is a shame - that's pigskin for you! ... now its all PORK CRACKLING ....... eeha!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

4md
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    I would leave it as is, its part of the helmets history now whatever it may be. Honestly I was thinking perhaps it was given post war by the vet to his young nephew who admired the helmet as a kid. Romantic story I know but thats my story and I am sticking to it LOL.
    Yeah I always like the more romantic story.....maybe Frankie's uncle was posted to Germany In the 60's/70's and he picked it up then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast