Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet

Article about: I'm interested in possessing a helmet which would be similar to the one my Opa is wearing in the attached pic taken in 1940. He was a groundcrew member in the Luftwaffe. Thanks to the inform

?

Default Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet

I'm interested in possessing a helmet which would be similar to the one my Opa is wearing in the attached pic taken in 1940. He was a groundcrew member in the Luftwaffe. Thanks to the information presented to me by folks in this forum, I understand that I have a somewhat uncommon Quist M42 helmet. It is painted black and likely reissued postwar as a fire/police helmet. I would like to sell or trade the Quist helmet at a fair price so I can put a bit of money in the piggy bank for a nice luftwaffe helmet to honor my Opa. Therefore, how much would a nice 1940 luftwaffe helmet cost and where could I sell my Quist for a reasonable price? Many thanks for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet   Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet  

Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet

Hi Pablo, you can try selling your helmet on here or ebay maybe?
    As for buying a Luftwaffe M40, click on this one I found for you! The Collector's Guild

The collector's guild is an expensive place to buy. You should find a decent LW lid for 800$ and up , condition will set the price.
    They are not that hard to find either , I would avoid ebay if you don't know a lot about these helmets.

Just about every dealer will have a variety of Luft M40's for sale. They are very common. Check around online and I'm sure you will find plenty.

does your helmet have a liner?...as it is missing one of the liner pins in the picture

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    does your helmet have a liner?...as it is missing one of the liner pins in the picture
    It came with the liner shown in the pic (no pins). I was told the liner is postwar (E. German) and was used in fireman's helmets. I believe the shell was produced late in the war and then was reissued as a postwar fireman's helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Quist M42/ Opa's luftwaffe helmet  

?

There are some fair priced SD M40 Luft helmets at this site in varying conditions:

Military War Relics, Antiques and Collectibles, RJW Militaria

I've been told by others on here that the dealer is reputable however as with all purchases, research is key. And when in doubt, of course post on here for others to provide feedback.

Good luck in your hunt!

The photo looks like it may be an M35 with it's pronounced vent lug - can't say
    for sure. M35 helmets are usually more expensive.

Luft M40's though, are not that hard to find as stated - in fact I saw two SD's
    just days ago for $450 and $650, but they were 'tired' looking with rough,
    worn liners and minimal decals remaining. Condition is important, and as
    'Schwerpunkt' also mentioned above and will definitely
    reflect the asking price.............
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by yuengling325 View Post
    There are some fair priced SD M40 Luft helmets at this site in varying conditions:

I've been told by others on here that the dealer is reputable however as with all purchases, research is key. And when in doubt, of course post on here for others to provide feedback.

Good luck in your hunt!
    Fair priced doesn't always mean collectible , I would avoid most of these and spend a little bit more for a complete helmet with a nice liner and strap.
    Patience is the key.

?

Quote by yuengling325 View Post

Good luck in your hunt!
    Thanks Yuengling. Does this place accept trade-ins? I saw a Quist 64 m42 "Hell's Angel" helmet shell on their website similar to mine for $225 and wonder if I could trade mine in for credit on a good luftwaffe helmet.